Have raging mages replace single wizard as the default.

Autocephalophagy

This might be a somewhat controversial opinion, but I think raging is way more fun than single wiz rounds that end immediately upon wiz death. Compounding chaos is the best kind of chaos. There are a lot of cool spells that pretty much never get used because its so niche in an already very rare role, and if it was more common to get wizard (since you will have multiple chances to roll it) people would be more willing to risk their moment on a gimmick that might or might not work. It also means that sec will be forced to change strategies depending on the wiz. The fact that this is the only mode with an instant round end is also kind of weird, in my opinion it should be more like nukies in that its not their mere presence but the damage they inflict that forces an evacuation. Its very anticlimactic for the round to end before you even see the wizard. The starter wiz would still get the bonuses of the mugwort tea and the element of surprise. I also think that the whole instant round-end should be done away with entirely. Wizard is a very fun role that is a bit too rare and honestly I believe that the current way wizard is works fine for a non-adminbus raging mode (even if some tweaks would have to be made to spawn rates and certain spells like bind soul). If you disagree I'd love to hear why.

Edited by Autocephalophagy

I occasionally throw in a raging mages round for a rare bit of chaos / something different but I personally find that these rounds can sometimes drag on too long.  Nukie rounds have somewhat of a timer built into them because the crew evacs as soon as they can.  Raging mages would need something similar IMO rather than the objective being to kill all the wizards because if some of the wizards decide to be stealthy it can just go really long and isn't particularly fun for some people who don't want to just spend the round chasing wizards around.

The other thing with this is that wizard is a role that kills a lot of people quickly and the number of wizards being reintroduced into the round does not give many of these dead players a chance to get back into the round.  Compare this to something like terror spiders where dead players get to come back as spiders.  This means that if the round goes long you end up with a lot of dead players with no good ways for them to get back into the round.

With this round being admin triggered only, we can ensure that an admin is there to give things a nudge if it's going too slowly or bring the round to an end if it's clear it's not going anywhere / too many are dead by offering an early shuttle vote or something.  With it just being in normal rotation you wouldn't necessarily have this.

Edited by Rythen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use