Xenobiology

Reziffy

So lately I've been playing around with xenobiology and I've found that it's actually rather exceedingly difficult to do with one person. I was looking into the /tg/ station code and saw that they have a slime processor which automatically extracts the cores from dead slimes, and after digging through the baystation code I found that the slime processing functions are actually part of the food processor and that the name and description were simply overwritten for the processor that had been placed in Xenobiology.

The question I had was would it be possible to have a slime processor added to the Paradise xeno lab, or is the removal deliberate?

Baystation-code\code\modules\surgery\braincore.dm->line 170. There's the actual code. Make sure you're using the upated code.

And yeah, usually when playing xenobio the dead slimes pile up when you're using more than 3 pens. But hey, did you think it would be easy? Actually, that stress feeling when dealing with too much slimes and they start to breaking windows is pretty climatic. Try to get a helper (slave) to clear the pens of dead slimes, process the corpses (both slimes and monkeys) and you would just feed the slimes, kill the unwanted ones and transfer the slimes from pen to pen.

You're working with fast-reproducing, always-hungry, half-sentient, alien creatures after all, it must be hard. But with the updated rules, if you manage to get few gold cores to the shuttle, you will have your reward. :]

I'm just saying that with only one person it's hard to get anywhere practical as compared to the amount of time required to attain significant progress as compared with other professions. By the time standard research is in the 3-4 range or engineers are bored enough to start mucking about with the super reactor I'll be lucky to have gotten a second stage slime evolution, much less any particular tree that I was working towards.

Slimes breed very slowly, and if you breed them faster then you end up with pens of half starved slimes that you don't want and can't quickly dispose of.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use