Uncontrollable factors: A story of bad luck

Saaesculus

This was a round I had very recently. It was a round in which I was changeling, and, through no fault of my own, end up losing an energy gun, having a pAI reveal that I'm murdering someone, and ultimately fail to absorb someone and get murdered by the entire damn crew.

So let's start from the first event.

I'm the changeling. Okay. Janitor. Neat. Do the standard procedure, fill up spray bottle with water as a weapon, cleaner grenades on plastic bag, go around, and manage to absorb the detective in security maintenance, getting his ID, security radio, and other goodies.

Neat.

Okay, fast forward a little. See that the chief engineer, Michelle Logan's got an energy gun from god knows where, Cole also flashing and cablecuffing a guy. Okay, follow them.

Beepsky downs the CE for having an energy gun. Hah. I, of course, quickly grab the gun.

Noticing it's pretty much empty, I get an idea, and head to arrivals. I get there, of course, and see if the detective ID can open the customs security locker.

It can. Neat. Grab the stun baton, secHUDs, leave the taser, recharge the energy gun. I head back north, to security, and see if there's easy pickings, if the CE would be alone, nope. RD, Fox McCloud was with her. Welp.

Head back down, see if I can kill beepsky while heading there. The energy gun is set to kill, I'm on my janikart, and fire at beepsky.

Nope.

The beam fired is a stun beam.

Beepsky, of course, downs, and cuffs me, and I get the gun taken by the CE, who proceeds to kill beepsky. RD then takes the stun baton off beepsky's corpse.

Shit sucks, doesn't it?

Alright, well, can still salvage this, just unbuckle....

Nope. You literally cannot unbuckle yourself from a janikart. Every time you successfully unbuckle, you don't actually successfully unbuckle. I submit a bug report ahelp.

No response. The RD comes across, I explain in looc, and I get unbuckled. Woop. I head back to arrivals, get the taser instead from customs, to replace the energy gun. An engineer's spotted, I follow him, to the construction shuttle, and I go there. He yells about personal space, refuses to let me get an easy kill. oh well. I go to the construction outpost or whatever it is anyway, notice an assistant alone, get the parasting, get killgrab, empty his pocket hoping to find a pAI, notice a pAI....

The interface refuses to let me wipe the pAI. I try to click on the pAI. I try to rightclick on the pAI. Nothing works. I try putting it in my PDA, see if it works from there. It does not.

Needless to say the pAI shouts about how I'm a murderer over the radio. Welp. I finish killing the civilian, and absorb his DNA, go over to the sleepers, one of which is full...

While I've forgotten the exact wording, "LOOC: I have to go walk my dog please don't kill me i'm AFK"

To me, this screamed of "I'm going to pretend to be AFK to avoid death", and it's not until later in which I learn that you can kill him, because he hasn't actually logged out yet.

Welp.

Well, the pAI eventually suicides after a talk in OOC and LOOC, and I go, notice Cole, the engineer, breaking into the blueshield's office, hit parasting...

I am still on the janikart.

The janikart has deposited me in the wrong damn place, northwest of the janikart, instead of south of the janikart, where I need to be. I am unable to get a grip on cole, and he has screamed for help over the radio. I end up having to push the janikart around to get at him, and whack him thrice with my stun baton. He's down, but a NT recruiter has noticed, and has come to help...

He pulls out a taser, nails me with it, pulls out a CROSSBOW(what the fuck), pins me to the wall, I try to get the revolver out, but he's an IPC and they just don't get downed, the CE, still in possession of the energy gun crits me, I'm downed, hit regenerative statis, nothing I can do anyway.

End up being cuffed, dragged around, still being shot with the crossbow while the newly-joined magistrate, played by Qinetix is trying to drag around my cuffed corpse, and I hit revive just a bit too early. Oh well.

Immediately notice there's over ten people here, including the captain, and RD. Hit lesser form. Everyone immediately attacks. I die.

RIP.

Overall, I'd say this failure was what, 80% factors out of my control, that janikart bug losing me an energy gun, that AFK asshole preventing me from getting enough DNA for death stings, that interface thing that prevented me from wiping that pAI before it could scream murder...

Shit sucks, doesn't it?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use