Toxins mixing room - heating loop window

dreadweaver

With the recent removal of almost all plasma windows, the one on the heating loop in toxins got removed as well. The problem with this is that it breaks almost instantly after you switch on the igniter, and gets exposed to open space. Which is kinda bad when you are trying to superheat plasma.

I implore the admin staff to reconsider this change.

Well, i obviously think that the toxin mixing chambers should get some decent windows, else it would be kinda useless.

But i do like the removal of all the plasma windows. When i remember back like half a year or something, engineering and atmos actually had something to do on the station. Nowadays everything gets trivialized:

- Plasma windows everywhere, that take like half an hour to breach if you don't have the tools to deconstruct them.

- A atmospherics that comes by default with a freaking volumetric pump a the distribution loop? That's just flat out retarded considering that you could not unwrench pipes with pressure over 300 kPa. The obvious next step was to implement the easy way out and make some pipe cooling tool to unwrench the stupid high pressure pipes anyways.

Come on, that was part of the fun of playing atmos tech. Balancing the pressure needs vs. the need to maybe replace some pipes in the system and keep the pressure as low as possible. Having some emergency systems to almost instantly boost the pressure in distribution. (Even back then a clever atmos tech could add pipes at to a pipe system with over 300 kPa)

- Engineers beeing able to unlock Air Alarms and having their own pipe dispensers in the secure storage..

- Supermatter already prestocked with 4 nitrogen canisters, i mean really? This canisters should last for hours.

- Cryo prestocked with two full oxygen canisters, that's so much the cooler is barely able to cool down the oxygen anymore.

- Science having so much gas in storage that i have never seen a scientist come up to atmos and ask for any canisters, never ever did that happen!

- The change with the canisters, that you actually can't fail to use them anymore. Because a eject also closes the valve.

- Also fires seem to burn much shorter and have less of a spread than they used to be, i am talking specifically about oyxgen/fuel fires.

Don't get me wrong, i do understand the intentions behind all this changes and they work well, they acutally work to well. There is basicly zero environmental danger and everything is super convenient on the station. This obviously effects the jobs that are supposed to deal with this kind of situations like engineers and especially atmos techs.

I loved to play atmos tech but now it's just flat out boring. The most excitement you get nowadays are a few cows breaking like 3 or 4 walls, yay. If the time really comes, where there is acutally a giant bomb or something going on, then everyone just crys for the shuttle and just resets the round, because they are used to a perfectly functioning station. And let's be honest, big events like bombs or flooding plasma does rarely happen due to the strict rules on this one (i am not complaining about this rule and i wouldn't change it, i just want to point out that it adds to atmos tech beeing boring).

My normal atmos tech round looks something like this:

1. Setup the 5 filters and maybe add some more pumps to the waste loop. 3 minutes

2. Hook the waste loop up to the cooler and heater and make them normalize the temperature (Heater, coolers and the rest of the mixing loop won't be needed for anything else due to the fact that everyone has enough of any gas in storage by default..)

One minute

3. Find other engineers and atmos techs to annoy security and after that steal the booze-o-mat form the bar and set it up in engineering to make Cole happy. The smile on his face is reward enough.

4. My newest thing is setting up voice controled airlock lockdowns for atmospherics and engineering, since we now have a autolathe by default..

5. If the round is still going at that point you have to get really creative and built some defences for the one pair of insulated gloves left in tech storage. I am talking electrified windows, stun turrets, alarms triggered by invisible infrared lasers, the whole shebang.

Since this evolved more and more into giant rant about how useless my favorite job has become, i want to finish with some new changes that are really awesome and add to the game:

I really love the new game mechanic that you can drill through walls and lay pipes without removing the walls, this definitely adds to the game. Same goes for the visual map of air alarms, this gives you a much better understanding of the current status of the station and definalty helps pinpointing breaches and such.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use