Not a big deal... But still.

PokeMoney

Sorry I have to do this, but it's getting ridiculous.

Admin Key:Fox McCloud

Complaint: Lately Fox has been muting OOC globally whenever he doesn't feel like dealing with it. Right before a round he muted it, for no reason. A few times he has muted it due to small things (Mostly from what I've said sometimes). Sometimes his mutes are mistimed [EG. Got mad over OOC that my little brother was acting like he was 2, he is 8. (NO MUTE) but when I say my dad woke me up with an air horn (INSTA-GLOBAL MUTE).] I understand his defense of "OOC is for asking questions and not for telling about real life things" (May not be %100 accurate in my quote) but sometimes it gets a little iffy. Earlier we were talking about tobacco, and Ecigs, and someone mentioned and reflected my opinion on ecigs with "says the 15 year old" so I add that I am "15, 2 years ago I took a IQ test and ran an IQ of 114, and that I can be mature when I want to" and he budges in and adds the thing about "OOC is for asking questions and not for telling about real life things". I forget what lead to a global mute earlier.

The point is: I am not questioning fox's ability to admin, I am bringing his quickness to globally mute OOC to light. I hope this opinion will further help develop this situation. I understand I can be hard to deal with sometimes in OOC (I am very open, be happy because IRL I am a very private person unless I am comfortable), but a global mute isn't necessary.

I'm not sure of the actual circumstances based around this, however unless I've been grossly misinformed or a recent change occurred without my knowledge then OOC is where people can discuss pretty much anything as long as it's not related to IC events of an on-going round or if it's inappropriate/violates our rules on communication. It's not simply somewhere for people to ask questions and nothing else.

I personally view SS13 primary as a place to play and enjoy the game itself and not have in-depth conversations about one's one life. Sometimes, when the population is high, I feel everyone needs to just chill out, relax, and enjoy the round at hand (not to mention it completely eliminates IC in OOC). We do have a place, however, to talk to other players all you would like; the IRC. I realize that some players have legitimate questions to ask others in OOC, but the amount of IC in OOC and idle-talk can also really jam up things for other players.