IPC Paradise

Baredolf1

Name of Event: Chemical Catastrophe

One Sentence Description:

A bio-engineered incurable disease infects all non-synthetic life, all crew must be cybernetically enhanced or placed into a Borg/IPC/AI

Map Changes: No

While some minor map changes could be made for the betterment, it wouldn't require any to enact the scenario as the onboard science team could easily produce more machines if needed.

Code Changes: maybe - depending on depth

It is already possibly to transfer all lifeforms into some form of synthetic or replace their organs with cybernetics, however if you wanted to make the disease more frightening than just a roleplay aspect, it could be a real spreadable disease (copy-pasta of another already used disease would easily suffice) with slightly altered risk factors.

Suggested Number of Players: 40-100 I imagine it would be highly troublesome to manage even trying to swap 100 people into a synthetic body but I believe that very tension could give the scenario some added difficulty while still being possible to accomplish, at this point it may be advised to hire addition robotics staff 

Full Description of Event: Could be a shift-start or midround event beginning with a notification from central command or an anonymous tip similar to the grey-tide event start. A notification might read as "A nearby biological researching facility had a catastrophic engine meltdown and has released a living virus that infects all non-synthetic life. Recommended action at this time is to equip all on board staff with cybernetically enhances organs or providing an IPC for their consciousness to reside in"

The whole idea is to provide a critical stress test to the science and command team, in deciding who goes first, what body they should have, and all sorts of other potentially harmful choices. The IPC is obviously the best choice for most staff but to my knowledge a slime core doesnt go into a MMI, so slime creatures would be one that may require full cybernetic enhancement instead of an alternative, this situation also opens major pathways for syndicate and unlawful gaming as EMP's would prove massively effective and EMP shields a must have. there is also roleplay potential especially in people who feel strongly about not leaving their body or those who panic over being told their death is on its way. any EOC that are captured would rightfully imprisoned or borged in a worst case scenario. The ai, or possibly AI's in this scenario would also be under potentially more or less stress with the amount of borgs they would be controlling, good borgs could ease the workflow but one syndicate with an emag could turn the tide in a hurry. a few side tweaks may be that any biological life may be difficult to keep alive without proper ventilation techniques and ensuring the virus doesnt reach them(but that may be going too far), bodies have to be properly preserved and bodybagged to prevent the disease from consuming the corpse, any infected individuals on shuttle would lead to a DSQUAD in waiting at CCOM similar to other bio-hazards. Potentially full department lockdown depending on severity of active threats at the time. (side note that i was worried about biological EOC's but a recent PR gave lings and vampires immunity to diseases so yippee), SOP would not be ingored in this scenario and there would assumedly be a paper trail of every borged or IPC'ed individual confirming full authorized consent unless the individual's ID has been terminated and their contract nullified, Explorers may be more likely to be the first infected if they choose to explore without caution first as the surrounding area of the station may already be infected, the disease originated and is currently free floating in space till it reaches something to stick to and due to the incredibly hot atmosphere of the lavaland mine the disease has yet to penetrate it yielding a potentially safe space and ensuring that miners are able to deliver at least one material run before they potentially drag the disease to the planet on the shuttle. Anything not mentioned here may be added in future replies and any constructive criticism is highly welcome, just an idea i  had.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use