Cult Item rebalance: Flagellant Robes

DwaneLoki

As was suggested here  

I would propose we do the following.

1. Change the robes to inverse pain slowdown. I.E. increase speed bonus based on damage taken. (non-stackable with the tendril buff from legion cores or the speed buff other chems)
  2. Change the  armor values of the robes to that of normal cult robes, removing bonus damage taken while wearing the robes previously.

I think this is a overall improvement to Flagellant robes because it requires the cultist in question to sacrifice health before getting a massive bullet-dodging speed bonus. enabling for effective kidnapping tactics with a actual cost instead of being able to slap on the robes and zoom at sonic speeds, they'll have to actually "flagellate" themselves before benefiting from the robes. This makes this item more interesting mechanically and lore-wise. Flagellant Robes in this new proposed state will work better as a upgrade over the standard cult robes as well just as the shielded robes are at the cult forge. The current flagellant robes are very specialized and a bit of a noob trap as it is now and many new players will put it on and get three tapped by a laser gun or a spear when they would have been more effective with a shielded robe this change would keep the utility while making it less immediately risky to wear. Of course I'm not familiar enough to say exact numbers but I think generally for full speed you should either have to be very near or in crit. I'm open to input and constructive criticism. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use