The Orator

RangerYote

//ATTENTION: THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENT IS RESTRICTED TO NANOTRASEN NAVY OFFICERS ONLY. UNAUTHORIZED VIEWING WILL RESULT IN TERMINATION

//Subject Designation: Kepler-11c/2 "The Orator"

//Status: Detained at NSS Blackrock

//Additional Security Measures: Subject to be held in a soundproof and airtight cell impervious to any and all electromagnetic waves and known psionic frequencies. No imagery is to be taken inside the cell at any time. Access is only possible through an airlock system. Under no circumstances may any information leave the cell, be it written or electronic notes, photographs or audio recordings.

//Subject Description:
K11C/2 was formerly Atmospherics Technician Mike Spike, of the ill-fated NTSV Seeker. This is evident from the torn atmospherics jumpsuit and remnants of an ID card on its person. Whenever K11C/2 isnt sleeping or eating, they spend every waking moment attempting to communicate by any means they can, be it through speech, sign language, or most recently by tapping out a message in morse code on their cell door.

The exact nature of its communication is unknown. All testing is currently suspended.

//END OF FILE

//BOARD DIRECTOR CLEARENCE ACCEPTED
//UNLOCKING ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Spoiler

//NOTE FROM THE DIRECTOR, NSS BLACKROCK:
The exact nature of K11C/2 and the message it wishes to communicate to us, unfortunately, constitute a lethal cognitohazard. Whatever danger this message possesses, it was evidently enough that an entire research team assigned to K11C/2 simply ceased to exist as we know it. They are no longer recognizible as human, and within two minutes of exposure to its message, the entire cognitohazard research wing was lost. They're all gathered at the bolted glass airlock, tapping against it, mouthing something to anyone foolish enough to stare. I have already disabled any outgoing communications and fully expect this station to be lost to them in a matter of hours. I belive we are working with an aggressive set of ideas, totally alien to anything we know. At least 3 other members of the science team here realized exactly what those ideas were, on seperate occasions and without direct exposure to subject K11C/2. All of them were changed into mindless vessels dedicated to spouting it, dubbed 'Orators' by the surviving crew. I know that eventually, I too will come to a full realization and cease to be.

I've requested the self-destruct, using the mutually agreed upon codephrase that a situation on The Blackrock is beyond recovery: "The sun shines brightly on mount vogel.". I hope that I can destroy us in time, before its able to spread its foul wings across the stars.

//END OF TRANSCRIPT

Edited by RangerYote
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use