Complaint

Ibui

Admin(s) Key: @Miraviel
Your ckey (Byond username): Ibui
Your Discord name (if applicable): Not in the discord.

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 1/13/23-1/14/23

ROUND ID: 34230Ban_appeal_message.png

Nature of complaint: Feedback, Misapplication of rules.
(Select all that apply: EG - clarification required, misapplication of rules, misconduct, abuse of powers, feedback, other)
Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint: 

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): I play a character with a Latin name both real words, They did not seem to like said name so I told them I would like to take this to the forums as I believe there is no rule break. 

Full description of events: After making my ban appeal for having a ''Meme name'' REASON FOR BEING BANNED: Joined with the name Maximum Robustius. After several requests, constantly refused to change it, even when given an explanation. So after explaining myself and appealing for my ban for the name and patiently waiting I receive a reply back, I was given a rule in general name ruling that has to do with play history and severity and my quality of roleplay, With there added note of If you think a name should be allowed that an admins thinks of otherwise, this can be sent for review. However, until the review is finalized, the decision of the admin at the time remains. They tell me still it's a ''Memey'' name, Then they list Rule 1 which applies to the Server and not forums.
I then reply with a very detailed message about name ruling and how my character has nothing to do with anything reference wise and how it's not a ''Meme''. I even told them I have no issue changing it once this gets resolved and I will be making a review as they recommended and didn't reply to anything I had to say instead they denied my ban appeal for something I wasn't banned for it ''You were banned because you refused to accept an admin ruling, which is against the server rules, not because of your name. As you clearly still do not understand that this is an issue, this ban appeal is declined. Feel free to make a new one in a few weeks.'' It states it's my name in the ban message and it was the original issue on why they Admin PMed me ingame but all of a sudden they say otherwise in the denied appeal. So why am I applying for my ban for my name if you state now that didn't matter? If the name never mattered then why'd you ban me for that reason having me appeal for said reason? Which if my name never mattered then theres nothing to do with ''Admin ruling'' and there was no reason to PM me about it. Aswell you also state I was ''arguing admin rulings'' You should have read more as I clearly stated I would change it after this got resolved I don't see how explaining myself for my ban appeal against name ruling turns into ''Admin ruling'' and ''Arguing admin rulings''. I believe I was being polite and respectful, You told me it's my job to list rulings and I did so, You state my last name is  a ''Meme'' when I've stated evidence how it's a Latin word and I will be taking it up in the review name as I also stated. 

Adding Rule 1 from advanced rules as I am not sure why they tried to bring this up in forums and if it's the ''Admin ruling'' there talking about which it says if disagreed the ruling is taken into the forums which it was

Rule 1: Listen To The Admins. Intent: Staff have limited time on the server to deal with issues, and often have to deal with multiple issues at once. This rule exists so that a staff member may make a ruling and move on with the round. This isn’t to say that staff are always right - instead the intent is that the player accept the ruling for that round and move on, and if they disagree with the ruling it’s taken up outside of the current round on the forums/etc. This also means heads and other staff can chip in on the issue, so it’s not just one staff member ruling

Edited by Ibui
Rule 1 Added, Round ID Added, Ban Message Added.
  • derp 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello and thank you for writing this admin complaint.

The rule broken in this incident as you've identified is Rule 1. This is what you were banned for and the evidence in PMs is immensely clear that an admin asked to to provide a name to change to because they believed you were breaking a rule; You refused and were banned for it.

ADMIN: PM: Miraviel/(Jin Xiaofei)->Ibui/(Maximus Robustius): Hey, hilarious name, but please a different one. We aren't allowing meme names on Paradise as we are an MRP server

ADMIN: PM: Ibui/(Maximus Robustius)->Miraviel/(Jin Xiaofei): It is not a meme name? It is my character and i see nothing wrong with it as it has a first and last name.

ADMIN: PM: Miraviel/(Jin Xiaofei)->Ibui/(Maximus Robustius): But we do. Pick a different one, please.

ADMIN: PM: Ibui/(Maximus Robustius)->Miraviel/(Jin Xiaofei): What do you see wrong with it? I do not see it breaking the naming rules.

ADMIN: PM: Miraviel/(Jin Xiaofei)->Ibui/(Maximus Robustius): It is a meme name, maximum robustness. Slightly latinised. Please stop arguing and give me a new name.

ADMIN: PM: Ibui/(Maximus Robustius)->Miraviel/(Jin Xiaofei): I am not arguing i am simply asking what is wrong with my name, I seen people on here named Maximus before also it's Robustis not robutness, It is my character and who i am roleplaying as it does not break the rules i see no issue.

ADMIN: PM: Miraviel/(Jin Xiaofei)->Ibui/(Maximus Robustius): Right. I explained it to you and I am tired arguing. Either give me a new name or we'll do this a different way. It's not that difficult.

ADMIN: PM: Ibui/(Maximus Robustius)->Miraviel/(Jin Xiaofei): There is no issue with it, If you wish to have me make a ban appeal about some false rule or that you don't like it then sure.

ADMIN: PM: Miraviel/(Jin Xiaofei)->Ibui/(Maximus Robustius): Alright.

ADMIN: PM: Ibui/(Maximus Robustius)->Miraviel/(Jin Xiaofei): Alright see you in fourms, There is no rule breaking.

As for the actual name rule break, "Maximus Robustius" is a very clearly a reference to meta SS13 stuff considering you yourself say that its just a version of "Maximum Robustness" which certainly falls under the IRL reference for this part of the advanced rules: "Especially “memey” names, or IRL references, can very much break immersion." If your name is based of a meme or meta joke/term yet modified to not be exactly yet, if the original source of that name is still very discernable and identifiable to players its still a meme. Yes Maximus is an actual name, but used in this context, the name as a whole is a rule break. The correct course of action in this situation would have been to provide a new name and take it to this forum to request that you can use that name since an admin told you not to. In that case we could have had the conversation about whether or not it was against our name standards instead of you being banned for rule 1.

The evidence provided in this admin complaint does not suggest that the rules were misapplied here, quite the opposite. If you wish to be unbanned, your best course of action would be rereading our rules keeping in mind what I said (this is an official ruling on the name manner) and you can reappeal your ban for breaking Rule 1. Consider this admin complaint resolved.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use