Robotics Reset board for Mechs

Regen

basically adding the ability for robotics to so that they can reset a mechs ID and DNA lock (because of that damn miner who goes SSD in the mech)

Either with a card "module" that can be made, or just a hack with a screwdriver and multitool

The hacking method would be more logical since you can't just hit it with a module to reset it. The method could be screwdriver to open the service panel, crowbar to loosen the motherboard, multitool to begin hacking, which could take 10-15 seconds so no hijacks could be made.

EDIT: Also this shouldn't remove the ID lock thing, just the DNA on it.

• 1 year later...

The main issue i can see here is players going ssd with dna locked mechs so let me tweak this a little

1) people who go ssd inside a mech are treated exactly the same as if they went ssd inside a sleeper. After too long, they get removed from the game and the dna lock is cleared

2) if people go ssd outside of the mech, then the dna lock is only cleared when they are dragged to cryo and they leave the game that way.

Thoughts?

I didn't want the mech to eject a ssd inhabitant, because then they'd likely die to the lack of atmosphere, and it'd mess with antag objectives, at least being removed like cryo sleepers will stop this being an issue.

1) people who go ssd inside a mech are treated exactly the same as if they went ssd inside a sleeper. After too long, they get removed from the game and the dna lock is cleared

2) if people go ssd outside of the mech, then the dna lock is only cleared when they are dragged to cryo and they leave the game that way.

I can support the hell out of this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use