The Knights of Apex

DZD

I, a Vox, spawn in as the station Chaplain just after a round begins. I go over to my office, pick up my null rod and place it in my belt, and hide my holy water inside of my Holy Book of Voxism. An electrical storm causes lights to go out, so I decide to head to tool storage to see if I can find a lightbulb, but have no luck. Just as I am heading past the bridge once more, I see nuclear operatives inside the bridge, and yell that I see men in Syndicate suits in the bridge and call the AI and nobody cares.

Being a loyal member of the crew, I decide I should look for the Captain, who I just saw on my way to tool storage, and as it turns out, he is running away from the ops, but gets downed by a hail of SMG fire, I drag him and proceed to Yakety Sax my way out of there, while attempting to heal him, I succeed and he picks himself off the floor and heads to the Medbay after a quick "Thank you." At this point, the crew acknowledges my warning about the Nuclear Operatives.

Unfortunately, they track the Captain down to the Medbay, kill him, and...

Attention! Security level elevated to Gamma

Well skrek. The shuttle is called, and I must make an important decision, do I hide in a locker and wait for the nuke to go off? No, that's what a treeless meat would do, I must be the hero that the station needs, I must be Batman Voxman the Battle Cleric. I steel my resolve and head off towards the Medbay, and find my way to the door that the Operatives used to get enter, and I do the same along with the Research Director. Immediately, I spot two Operatives, although they are somewhat separated.

I join the few living members of the station crew currently fighting the ops, after a fair amount of running around the sleepers and walls to dodge bullets, as well as a few null rod strikes to the brainbox, we succeed in downing both of them. I spread heals to the living crew and give the ops beatings, all courtesy of the Vox Apex. A while later, after a bit of recovery on our side, and stripping the unconscious ops of their gear, BOOM! BOOM! Both ops' explosive implants have activated, they are dead, and the floor is littered with bodies, both alive and not, including that of the Captain.

All of a sudden, I hear an airlock slide open, another Operative has followed his pinpointer to the disk, this time a Vox, I suppose meats and squishy meats aren't the only ones that must be destroyed in the name of the Vox Apex...

Queue the Yakety Sax once more, as I run circles around the wall between the westernmost cryopod and the nearby sleeper, dodging a majority of the bullets shot at me, accidentally pushing the Research Director into the path of the bullets once; after a short while, the cavalry arrives and succeeds in stunning him long enough for me to administer null rod directly to the brainbox once more. After he falls unconscious I proceed to strip the Vox operative, I am afraid he will die with his lungs full of dust. Unfortunately, I was a bit liberal with my beatings, and he explodes right under me.

I assist in tending to the wounds of those injured in the fight and explosion in the quickest way possible, religion applied directly to the head, hoping to get some help with my own injuries, although I had no such luck. It is at this point that I fall over due to pain once, but shortly rise once more. I can't keep going at this rate, but I notice a very important asset on the floor, a doctor that may be alive, so I check his pulse, 62, there is a chance. Proceed with bible to forehead and until he is revitalized, at which point I fall over once more, unable to get up. Luckily, he is able to treat my wounds to some extent, and I rise once more...

Just in time for another Operative to appear out of the emagged door that I had entered through, however, he was being pursued by a Gygax. I assist the Gygax operator, and we manage to pin him down, beat him, and strip him, until backup arrives with handcuffs, the first one we captured. Much to my amusement, that chef had been gibbing the unconscious Operatives that had not yet exploded, and did the same with this one, except, to my knowledge, this one was very much conscious, kikikikikikiki. The shuttle finally arrives, and I make my way there, we make it off the shuttle, however with significantly less command members than we began the shift with.

OOCly, it dawns on me, the nuke ops had rushed the disk without trying (and failing) to disable telecomms, they actually had a proper strategy. We just stopped nuke ops that had a proper strategy and the disk. APC DESTROYED, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

As a note, this was told from a first person perspective, as I tunnel-visioned a large portion of it, trying to focus on not being horribly murdered by ops with guns, we could not have would have been successful without the 10 or so people that died or were seriously injured in the conflict, your sacrifices were not in vain.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use