Personnel Pinpointer

flimflamm

This would be similar in form and function to the nuke disk pin-pointer, except it would be able to locate anybody who has their suit sensors turned on with a small and simple GUI which gives the option to select individual crew members who have their suit sensors turned on. One would be given to the paramedic for obvious reasons, and perhaps another to an appropriate head.

The research division should be able to make them, but only once they get blue space 5 and biological 5 level of research (this ensures that research is totally complete, which requires assistance from mining and robotics).

This would make the paramedic occupation much more dynamic, perhaps there could even be a built in alert system where it automatically locks on to newly injured crew members. It would also add an interesting capacity for traitors to get hold of one in order to locate targets.

Not only will he not have to check the tracking computer, but he will be able to pinpoint and move directly to moving targets.

I'm not proposing that it should be a mobile crew monitoring console, but simply something that can pinpoint people with suit sensors, and also tell if they are hurt, nothing more.

It would add a lot of power for paramedics and I think result in a lot more successful retrieval of and dying bodies. Traitors who get hold of it also become much more powerful, which adds to the age old question: To activate suit sensors, or not to activate suit sensors.

I think the HoP should get a spare personnel pinpointer, in my opinion they are glorified ID access custodians, so this way they can repeatedly deny the detective their requests to use it, and in doing so feel more important/prestigious.

This might make the crew over-powered, but imagine TWO paramedics on TWO of those medical transport things with TWO personnel pin-pointers. It would foster healthy competition and by golly we would all get rescued.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use