NoscopeToolbox's Suggestions!

NoscopeToolbox

So. I guess I am going to post my suggestions here or something, since ZomgPonies does not want me to annoy him in-game.

1) Custom name generation!

I always liked random names, but I also wanted to have themed names, like historical roman names such as... Maximus Maximinus? I guess that's not a good example, but still. This could use http://www.behindthename.com/random/ or we could just, iunno, upload big first and last name files?

2) More job-specific traitor items!

I feel that the traitor creativity in SS13 is getting really low lately, since I don't think I haven't been killed a single time without a sleepypen. All traitors have to do now is get a sleepypen and just stab you. Bam. Dead. I think it would be best to just remove sleepypens, but a LOT of people wouldn't like that. What if there would be special traitor items for every job? Clowns would have space lube grenades and maybe a big blasty honky gun, assistants could get insulated gloves or a floortile launcher, barman would get a bottle of chloral hydrate/sleepytoxin/cyanide to mix into people's drinks, doctors could get few-use penlight flashes, maybe emagging sleepers would add a lock button/sleeptox injection.

3) More interesting space!

Right now, space is boring. There is almost nothing you can do off-station, while servers like goon have randomly generated stations with awesome items, delericts full of zombies and secret items, asteroids with killer ants, easter eggs and christmas stockings. Afaik all /tg/ offsprings have the asteroid field, the delerict... and... that's all. Really boring if you ask me.

4) More hidden items!

This could be pretty much added to 3, but meh. There is currently very few cool hidden stuff in the station - rainbow clothing, Ian shirt and the monkey wrench(probably not even there anymore). I already suggested something like a snow globe called "Space Globe" that would shake everyone's screen when used ("Everything starts shaking!"), then break. I can totally see the crew fighting to get it first(probably not gonna happen).

5faRA.dmi

"There's a space station floating inside it. Interesting..."

5) More stuff to craft!

Pretty much the only way to craft something is using a proto or nanolathe. Not fun. hur dur stuff metal in machine press buton magical item. That's all it is. I'd appreciate some cool stuff to do, such as shoes + emergency tank = three use rocket shoes. Maybe being able to create a makeshift gun that would break apart all the time but you could sell it to people. This would also encourage money usage/exchange("I made item X and you have item Y, why don't we trade?").

Edited by Guest

Yeah traitors are not as creative as I want them to be anymore...

There are some job spesific items already inn.

Assistants get pickpocket gloves and Greytide implant

Bartender gets special slugs that intoxicate you and does more damage based on how drunk you already are

Engineering gets power gloves

Chef gets super special "lets murderbone everyone" sauce, that if you drip 4 drops of it in food, it will instantly kill them when eaten (It will take a few minutes after consumption)

Pointless. If you want cool themed names, just make them yourself. No need to complicate the character creation screen with more clutter then it already has.

I do like the idea of more job-specific traitor items, but I don't very much like the ones you described. Floortile launchers? Space lube grenades? Traitor items becoming 'do all the traitoring for me' machines are the reason traitors are becoming so uncreative, not the solution.

yes

Eh, I'm fine with the amount of 'hidden items' on the station already. I just wish some of them could be a bit more useful, or creative.

yes

• 2 weeks later...

Let's revive this thread!

6) Chemistry mass-production!

Maybe chemistry could have a machine which could you insert those lil disks nobody ever uses in, and then you could write a short script that would instruct the machine what to put in a beaker and save it on the disk. After ya do that, just slap the disk in, put a beaker box in, and choose how many times to do the instructions. It would do each instruction with a 2 second delay, so you can just smash in a real large order and after some time, you can just give the person their order of ten fifty-unit pills with equal amounts of tricordrazine, dexalin plus, hyperzine, oxydocine and bicaridine.

So basically make them be able to do like everything five minutes into the round, then disappear because of boredom, the machine does their work anyways.

Still better than the current state of chemistry, where the chemists make chloral hydrate napalm polyacid foam smoke grenades. This way they would be atleast a little useful.

Let's revive this thread!

6) Chemistry mass-production!

Maybe chemistry could have a machine which could you insert those lil disks nobody ever uses in, and then you could write a short script that would instruct the machine what to put in a beaker and save it on the disk. After ya do that, just slap the disk in, put a beaker box in, and choose how many times to do the instructions. It would do each instruction with a 2 second delay, so you can just smash in a real large order and after some time, you can just give the person their order of ten fifty-unit pills with equal amounts of tricordrazine, dexalin plus, hyperzine, oxydocine and bicaridine.

No need to make it that complex; merely adding the ability to "press multiple buttons at once" would be more than enough.

ie: Create a label for the drug you're making--then select the reagents you want for that label. This means if you want to make, say, Dermaline with one button press, you can, BUT you have to enter the recipe at least once.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use