Finish the Barber, reduce Karma unlocks.

Sheakhan

Two-part suggestion here, title really says it all, but I'll elaborate anyhow.

The barber is useless and costs an obscene amount of karma (more than 0). Even if it were completed and could perform actual barber duties. My understanding of the Karma system (and correct me if i'm wrong) is that karma represents playing roles correctly, excellent roleplay, and general contributions to the community and game at large. By extension karma unlock jobs should be jobs that aren't trusted to the general population. Jobs that matter, and can affect the round profoundly enough to restrict their use to more trustworthy players.

That, or as rewards for playing excellently long enough to amass the unlock cost. The barber doesn't strike me as either of these things unfinished, and in my humble opinion would still be a waste of karma if it were finished.

Jobs likes BlueShield, or NT Recruiter make sense as Karma unlocks as they play an important role that could drastically impact a round if abused.

Barber and jobs like it do not.

At this point there are several jobs on the karma unlock list, and the only ones that strike me as actually requiring the unlock cost are outnumbered heavily by the others. In addition, many of the threads on job suggestions specify that these jobs should be karma unlocked, and it strikes me as woefully unnecessary.

Just spitballing, take it as you will. If I'm missing something vital that ought be considered, let me know.

As a side note, I feel like the currently existing jobs should be finished and fixed before adding new ones.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use