Karma Rewards for Wiki Development

block1

Idea: 2 Karma reward per detailed and informative wiki page that an admin has looked over and is satisfied with.

Even before the rollback happened the wiki was still very empty on many things, a lot of people would probably participate in developing the wiki further if rewards were in place to motivate the community more. So my proposal is fairly simple and to the point, 2 karma rewarded per page that is fully detailed and an admin would see it as very good and informative.

A lot of the current people who edit the wiki do it because we enjoy further improving the wiki and making sure everyone has information on things they may not understand. Putting in a type of reward program can motivate more people to get involved and improve the wikipedia for a small reward in-game. This suggestion popped into my head after the rollback occurred and I'm sure a fairly decent amount of writers are demoralized now. A lot of work was lost and it made me realize that the wiki is very, very slowly developing. A reward program would surely jolt up the community and dozens of pages would be completed and the writer can be happy with the small reward.

I should also mention with the newest subforum "Wiki Development" that could be a great place for admins who specialize in the wiki to review threads made by players who have written out a page and are requesting an admin look over it for the two karma reward.

Probably because tracking contributions hasn't been straightforward. Make a thread on the wiki alteration forum

Yeeeaaah, I guess.

Either way, an admin should at least make an announcement or something about doing wiki work that can earn you some karma. Like in the original post it'll draw more people to contributing to the wiki.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use