Rem' (Zhan-Khazan)

Diseasel

Have you seen this character in game?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For all IC intents and purposes please assume this character is the same as Rem'Ontoire. This whole thing is a spirited attempt to clean up my RP into something respectable with a bit of backstory, hopefully without losing the relationships so far formed with crew members. Hence I am trying to keep the name the same within the bounds of Tajaran language and just clear up my IC dialect, behaviour and backstory.

BASIC INFO

Name: Rem'

Race: Zhan-Khazan Tajaran

Blood Type: O-

Language(s): Almost drunkenly slurred Common, but spoken with dignity and a good vocabulary

General Occupational Role(s): Security (mostly senior roles); Engineering (atmospherics, engine tech. and senior roles)

CHARACTER INFO

Pre-NanoTransen Years: Born into the Moi'reibh tribe on Ahdomai into a family of 3 siblings and raised by his aunts more than his parents. An uneventful kittenhood flowed into the natural rhythm of the tribe's way of life: In the summer buying or stealing scrap and broken electronics and repairing them to sell on, and in the winter returning north to fish the rivers. When he came of age, he protested his family's intent to wed him to a friendly tribe's Rhezar's daughter. He also refused all other marriage offers and instead declared the pressure put upon him as the last straw in what was apparently a growing discomfort with tribal life.

Collecting all his belongings in a single backpack and nuzzling his harrowed family goodbye he set off down the summer paths through the alpine landscape - the southern border of what was then his whole world. No idea of what he would find, his notions of the outside world were built entirely on the few outsiders he had watched his parents talk business with over cups of hot fish blood. It was Nanotransen that he would walk into the hands of.

The political state on Ahdomai was not unfamiliar with clansfolk deserting their traditions to work for the human production companies. "The alleys are paved with gold, friend." Like many other wandering Tajara, unbound to family left behind nor assets to speak of, Rem' was quickly absorbed into the sizeable Tajaran workers' union in the northern NT production conglomerate where he worked contentedly for many years, always safeguarding the fishbone amulets around his neck - the only artifact he had from his kittenhood. Over several years of work as a mechanic a severe distrust for humans grew bordering on outright hatred. Although not a direct victim of the Overseers, Rem' had heard enough tales to see NT as no better.

Rem's level head, inertia to anger, and patience to sit and listen to others solidified many friendships. When it finally came time to leave Ahdomai to be posted elsewhere, Rem' had become a union chairman, although that position was lost with the new post along with almost all his new family.

The post was of course the NSS Cyberiad.

Personality Overview: Always happy to help those who ask for help, especially Vox and Tajarans. Has a complete disregard for the value of Human life. Patient and slow to anger unless confronted about his race or called a racial slur, especially those relating to tribal origin; he responds to such confrontation with disproportional violence and blind rage. No concept of company ownership: All items not claimed by a person are considered fair game for him to take and hoard. Often seen using downtime to knead his muscles and complain. Needs alcohol and nicotine to get through the working day.

Rrrrrrrreally rrrrrrrolls his 'R's.

QUALIFICATIONS AND RECORDS

Qualifications: Good experience with security work as both officer, warden and Head of Security. Good experience with engineering, particularly atmospherics. Very poor literacy.

Employment Records: Head of Security; Warden; Security Officer, Chief Engineer, Atmospheric Technician; Engine Technician

Security Records: Numerous cases of severe police brutality against humans, often provoked by the victims' use of colloquial derogatory terms for Tajarans. Furthermore, there have been several circulating rumours of Rem' threatening to "remove [someone's] eyeballs" with a screwdriver for calling him a "cat".

Medical Records: Regular visits to a psychiatrist for sexual frustration, citing that he has exclusive sexual attraction to Vox.

Personnel Photo (Appearance text): Surprisingly short of stature for a Zhan-Khazan Tajaran, this aged looking male stands around 5 feet tall. Oily grey fur over his body reaches a darker coloured crest atop his head, which runs down his spine and tail. He has wispy matted growth of white chin fur and slight nuclear sclerosis in his grey-green eyes. Despite his small size he is stocky and quite muscular. He is missing his upper right fang.

Commendations [only to be added by admin]:

Reprimands [only to be added by admin]:

Edited by Guest

If I'm short of time at the beginning I'll route waste through the cooling/heating system to buffer the temperature and pre-emptively fill mix with pure Carbon Dioxide for extreme cases of firefighting or for helping Sec and the AI knock syndies unconscious.

If I have a lot of time I'll hook up all distro to flow through the cooling/heating system on its way out at 78 kelvin, and I'll take apart mix to put connector ports on the output of every tank (partly to make filling cannisters easier [for things like the SM engine's plasma guzzling] and partly to make it MUCH more tedious for someone to sabotage atmos with the intent of filling the station with unpleasant chemicals).

Having scrubbers return the pressure to optimal levels with supercooled air I find doesn't affect the station negatively as the general activity of the station tends to buoy the temperature up, and it also means I can flood areas with supercooled air in the event of a fire or other hazard.

Anyway, I'm from north Ahdomai with fur to match. It's cold as b*lls there, so a cooler station is much more comfortable for me.

Heard a few people say having the air distro tanks end up cold can cause temp problems around the station bit I think thats a myth really. It would take a good bit of airmix syphoned into an empty loop to even cool the main tanks to any degree and you would need to replace almost all of the stations air to notice any major drop.

The air alarms regulate temp well enough anyway. Maybe I should fiddle with setting the air alarms a little cooler, might help give an edge against fires.

Think you could take some pics of your setup? Always interesting to see how exactly people do theirs.

Have you messed around with extra vents/scrubbers, pressure release systems and disposal pipes?

Not yet. Bear in mind I only began SS13 recently: I've probably played less than 25 rounds total, so I'm learning as I go.

I'll try and do a good setup and take a picture for you. Why don't you join me in Atmosia some time and we can have a tinker together? Just find me in game some time and suggest we do it the following shift.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use