Don't pick and choose when to enforce server rules

Occultimate

http://80.244.78.90/wiki/index.php/Space_Law

Here is a rule officers have to follow strait from the wiki

"Space Law is the name given for the laws that most governments have agreed should apply in the reaches of space outside of any Government's territory. Although they may differ from ship to ship and station to station - eg, a Unathi ship often allows ritual combat.

The set here are the ones NT has in place on the station, and are approved by all major Governments.

They apply for all NT employees and authorised visitors of the station. Anyone aboard the station legally is both protected by and expected to follow them."

>They apply for all NT employees

This includes all humanoids right? All aliens right? All monkeys right? I don't see where it says that it does not

Here is the server rule that goes along with what I am getting at.

3. Avoid Excessive Violence:

When provoked into extreme anger a punch or two may be realistic but Nanotrasen doesn't hire people who bludgeon someone to death with a crowbar when angry or bored.

Self-defense only justifies a proportional use of force and only what’s required to save your life.

Chasing a person down is not self defense, neither is crushing their skull with an oxy tank while they're down.

If you think murder or extreme violence is justified in response to someone's actions, then admin help for permission. Even if it is justified in an RP context, without admin permission it is not allowable.

Lethal force should always be a last resort, even for security. Remember as well that what the admins will permit and what security will arrest you for a two completely different things.

Saying your character is CRAZY LOL is not an excuse for this - that's just bad roleplay.

Did you get all that. So let me explain my story.

It was 30 minutes in a round and I had helped kill syndicate members. I died in the battle and was cloned, but, the cloning process didn't go out so well and I became a monkey. Please note that I am still a NT employee. I picked up my stuff and was on my way back to my post. A player named Remontoire decided to shoot me in the head for literally no reason other then the fact I was a monkey. I had ID on me and was still an NT employee. He not only violated space law as a security officer and probably won't get job banned, but, he violated server rule number 3 entirely. I was an NT employee and the rules still apply to me in the game as well as server rules! Nowhere in the rules does it say "becoming a monkey makes it okay for people to break rule 3 on you and space law as well". Nowhere in the rules does it say being a fucking retard is okay because you don't know any better. He told admins that I was an armored monkey, but, monkeys don't fucking wear armor and simply because one admin had an opinion, all the other admins jumped on the band wagon.

Now I see why your own coders have stolen your servers code and made another server. Hope you enjoy my suggestion. keep note that I still have yet to break any server rule other then harassing an admin by being "honest" apparently. Sorry I don't go to the same synagogue as you guys and am just a stupid goy.

Basically the head of staff or whatever decided since he is the head of staff he can do what he wants and did and will continue to do so while people like me go looking for a new server. He tried to mix and match server rules to space law by saying he broke a space law, but, not a server rule, yet he did break a server rule, he broke both. The admin only gave attention to the space law. Fuck this server, there is too many other server to put up with this. I'm glad I didn't invest a lot of time here.

Sorry, how is this a suggestion? It seems more like an admin complaint. You might want to find the specific admins' names and move this thread to that part of the forum. Also, saying "fuck this server" can be good way to get banned, you probably don't want to do that.

Edited by Guest

Space law also defines who is under its protection and what isn't, and monkeys aren't. Otherwise genetics would be breaking space law everytime they shove one of them fuckers into the experimenter. Just because you had an ID on you did not guarantee that you were an NT employee, In the same way in that I kill the Captain and steal his ID, I am not the Captain.

Again.. Just because you had an ID, while you were a Monkey, did not guarantee your protection under space law, if you wanted to remove the chance of getting targeted, you should have got a clean SE, instead of thinking, "Lel, monkey fun 4 me".

Also, expecting a rule change based on your own experience while every other player seems to get along just fine with the current rule set just is never going to happen.

Firstly, there's and admin complaint section for a reason, if you have any problems with the management of this server, it's open to everyone, 24/7.

Now I see why your own coders have stolen your servers code and made another server. Hope you enjoy my suggestion. keep note that I still have yet to break any server rule other then harassing an admin by being "honest" apparently. Sorry I don't go to the same synagogue as you guys and am just a stupid goy.

That is absolutely no way to covey anything besides that you are butthurt, grow a pair and stop whining, and plus, that statement makes sweet FA sense.

Secondly, when you become a monkey, there's absolutely no way for people to tell you are a crew member, you are no more than some Genetics trash getting in the way, the player is not at fault, although animal cruelty is illegal, it is rarely enforced.

Thirdly, saying a player you have a quarrel with is "a fucking retard" doesn't earn many brownie points, coupled with your blatant disregard with how complaints are handled, you are heading in a bad direction.

Fuck this server, there is too many other server to put up with this. I'm glad I didn't invest a lot of time here.

Apart from the lack of any intelligence in this statement, you are annoying, and are likely annoying everyone else who reads this, either go away and cool off for a day or two and make a decent complaint, or see yourself to the fucking door, neither the server nor the admins will miss you.

There are some things not addressed in this, hopefully someone else with the patience of a saint will sort the rest out.

Regards,

MindLeaker

This isn't a suggestion, this is a butthurt kid throwing a tantrum.

As previously said, monkeys are test subjects and animals, not crew, which makes you an open target on most servers.

I've seen you ONCE on the server, and already I,ve seen your name come up in a bad way more than most of our regulars.

Right. Let me clear up some information here as a closure note.

As per usual as of late, i was observing around, doing my mentor duties.

This fellow right here, Occultimate, sends a question. Saying he requires help.

I ask him what is wrong, and jump to him. First thing i see, is a dead monkey on the floor of security.

He mentions that he was killed for no reason by a security officer. Remontoire.

I send a message towards Remontoire's way, which is in fact the warden. As to why he killed the monkey.

He answers my PM with the fact that the monkey waltzed into security, weapon in hand. He then answered with terminating the monkey and recovering it's gear.

From there, i inform Occultimate that his death, may it be against Space Law under animal abuse to the worst of cases, is not up for staff intervention.

I then message Remontoire. I hint to him that our monkey friend may in fact be sentient for having done this stuff, and suggest bringing the monkey corpse to Genetics in order for a possible cloning and re-humanizing of the subject. This is all done in courtesy for the player Occultimate to have a second chance at life.

Occultimate then proceeded to argue. After a while of arguing, he seems to not understand my point. He calls me a Badmin, tells me i am allowing grief on ''My'' server for not applying the rules.. You get the idea. From then, he is only insulting a staff member which attempted providing him help and guidance. This is where our Head of mentors jumps in. He warns the user about his behavior towards a member of his staff, and reinforces my point.

I believed that was going to be the end of that case. I then hop quickly on the forums to see this posted. Now, i thought he was going to maybe cool down and understand our point. This is, after all, a game. That was, after all, a single round in a game of 2D spaceman, must i precise.

If you wished to do a formal complaint, you would of done so in the appropriate forum section. But it appears you do not wish to understand the situation. It appears you only wish to think about you and yourself, and how YOU have to be in the right. This thread is a sole example of this. I can understand by how you ended your thread that you do not wish to play on our server anymore. Well let me tell you. You are not the kind of player we want. I will see about getting you the appropriate ban for your behavior.

Now I see why your own coders have stolen your servers code and made another server.

I think you might be a little confused.

Our coders are all still with us, our only retirees have been several admins and an original 'head of staff' none of whom are currently running other servers. Nor is it possible to "steal" our code, since it's open-source. The other servers running Paracode are doing so, based only on our open-source code with our full blessing but otherwise have no connection to us, nor has their staff ever been employed here.

Here is the server rule that goes along with what I am getting at.

Since you're keen on the rules, I'm surprised you somehow missed rules 1 and 10.

1. Listen to the admins and 10. Communicate openly and respectfully:

This increases the chance of a productive admin reading a message first about a server I won't be playing on.

Actually you have a better chance on the complaints forum which is regularly reviewed by the senior administration staff, rather than the suggestions forum which gets viewed when I'm procrastinating from working on an assignment or I get a skype message to check on a post like this one.

Sorry I don't go to the same synagogue as you guys and am just a stupid goy.

Well that's a racist metaphor to use to accuse us of being cliquish.

Fuck this server, there is too many other server to put up with this. I'm glad I didn't invest a lot of time here.

There are many fine servers, which you can explore and enjoy. You are now however, banned from this one.

Regards,

M Kenner.