Not locking Unban appeals

Blooflar3

If this is in response to your upgrade to perma, its a hint to take a few days out and calm down. Admins give out permas less to punish people and more to see how said banned persons can react and actually have the maturity to accept what they have done wrong. If you can actually show that maturity and let the admins know in full detail how you understood your actions to be wrong and that you fully understand the rules, you'll find they might* give you another chance.

*I say might, cause I obviously can't guarantee unbans...

To be honest, if you could have replied to the "insult" more likely than not, you would've responded in a way that would hamper your future unban appeal. Again, its more to give you time to think it over, rather than responding rashly to the situation. Perma isn't a punishment, more a test.

Leaving appeals that have already been decided open is not only impractical, but would be doing a disservice to new applicants to the appeals forum to have their posts buried under what has turned from an application into an argument.

In fact it would be doing the original applicant a disservice as well since without taking the time to reconsider and plan another appeal, they will continue with a strategy that was not going to result in them unbanned.

This post is an excellent example, as it shows that rather than committing to following the current rules and processes of the server, you feel that they must change for your benefit. This is the same attitude that made me change your ban from temporary to permanent, as your appeal indicated that a temporary ban would not change your behaviour.

Our admin staff already volunteer their time to read over the appeals forum to give people a second chance. They then frequently proceed to help prompt and educate people, whose original appeals were not strong enough to see them come back on their own basis. It is asking too much, both for me to ask them or for you to ask us, to also listen to people venting their frustrations over an unsuccessful appeal.

My original response to you was not an insult, nor is this post despite its overall critical content. It's an attempt to help you realize what actions are required to return to the community. Because you're continuing to post here I assume that's your intent. Because I haven't blocked your forum access, you can know that I still hope to see you return or at least get another chance. However I can not write your appeal for you, nor can I make the changes to your behaviour that are necessary. That's the part you have to manage for yourself and I can only try to help.

Regards,

M Kenner.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use