Garden, gardeners, and xenoflorists

Midaychi

As in the title, this is a suggestion to port over baystation's changes to the hydroponics job in some fashion.

I think, especially now with the hydroponics re-write, it makes more sense. We could probably replace the garden with some sort of biodome or something.

What they have done:

Removed hydroponics, and put a garden in its place. The garden is public access, has dirt plots, a seed and nutrimax vender, some chairs and a table surrounding the east door exit for the kitchen.

The table is basically a bartender's table but for the chef to put food on, as only he or she technically has access to behind the table.

The back room of hydroponics is gardener and chef access only now, and has the seed extractor and biogenerator and basic tools for gardening.

They removed the botanist job. Now there is a gardener job that answers directly to the chef. I guess the chef is technically a head of produce now.

The Garden is now responsible for all the produce.

Where did the fancy hydroponics stuff go then?

Bay 12 added a xenobotanist job slot ( I personally think xenoflorist sounds better but whatever) and put a xeno flora/xeno flora experiment room near xenobiology. Edit: For clarification, yes this is a science job, they have access to some of science (but not to R&D or Toxins). Now growing weed is a science.

Xenobotany has all the actual plant trays and tools, a full set of hydroponics machines as well as the new isolator/ballistic machines, a flora reconstitutor and a smart fridge.

They also have a gas connector with a few pipes and vents underneath the new isolation trays, for raising plants that need specific living conditions different from the station's. There's an additional isolation room to the west, near the locker and tool chest.

Xenobotany is now responsible for plant mutations and experiments, as well as dealing with plants of alien origin.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use