Monkey's GIMPy drawings.

monkeysfist101

• 1 month later...

So, I'm making a thing. A big thing. The biggest thing that I've ever thinged. I'm going to try to draw the crew of the Cyberiad. The whole crew...as in all of it. I'm not going to lie to you people, I'll probably get overwhelmed two thirds through and it definitely won't have the same quality or effort as bluegoomoose's commissioned pieces, but for the low price of free, I think that seems reasonable. Anyway, if you want your character in the picture, give me their description, height, pose, and uniform. I'm going to make the crew be standing on bleachers with a transport shuttle in the background.

So, I'm making a thing. A big thing. The biggest thing that I've ever thinged. I'm going to try to draw the crew of the Cyberiad. The whole crew...as in all of it. I'm not going to lie to you people, I'll probably get overwhelmed two thirds through and it definitely won't have the same quality or effort as bluegoomoose's commissioned pieces, but for the low price of free, I think that seems reasonable. Anyway, if you want your character in the picture, give me their description, height, pose, and uniform. I'm going to make the crew be standing on bleachers with a transport shuttle in the background.

That sounds damn amazing. How many people do you think you might try for?

If you need extra reference pics I can help you with that.

If possible, could you do David Buck?

Full atmos hardsuit, gasmask, toolbelt, oxy tank mounted on the belt and a fireaxe and backpack. Do whatever works for the pose.

Do you need any extra info?

Thank you for the support so far. Tonight I will begin work on the bleachers and shuttle as well as Buck's wire frame (sorry, no props [axe])

Answer time:

I'm going to shoot for an upwards of forty crew.

What I want from replies:

Name

Height, preferably inches. cm is fine, but it's easier for me to conceptualize imperial.

eye color

hair color and style

facial hair

piercings

expression

pose

uniform

preferred location (middle,left,right, how high up, etc)

Oh, how exciting! It's quite a large project, indeed, but I believe in you!~

Gloria Church would likely be part of the team.

Name: Gloria Church

Height: 5' 7"

Eye Colour: Blue

Hair Colour and Style: Brown, shoulder length alt. style.

Expression: Raising an eyebrow and staring at someone else doing something questionable.

Pose: Arms crossed, standing.

Uniform: The white-shirt-brown-pants security uniform, with a medical band, standard security armor vest, white shoes, a medical HUD on one of her eyes, and a security beret.

Preferred Location: Somewhere in the middle.

Righto,

Name: David Buck

Height: pretty tall, a bit more then average? Not good with heights.

Uniform: Atmos hardsuit

Pose: whatever works. Possibly fighting something.

Name: Red Uvarov

Height: 5'6"

Uniform: Lab coat over a black jumpsuit or black scrubs with brown leather shoes, white latex gloves, and a cueball helmet.

Eyes: Brown (In case you want to have the cueball helmet tucked under his arm or off to the side or something. Your call)

Hair: Medium length brown tied back in a ponytail with some bangs hanging down (Same reason as eyes)

Facial Hair: All along the jaw and chin, but no mustache. (Again, in case helmet is off)

Pose: Casually standing with a scalpel in one hand as if poised to begin an incision and either a syringe in the other or his helmet tucked under his arm depending on what you'd prefer to draw.

Expression: If his face is visible, just do your best to make it jovial and non-serious.

Preferred Location: None

Sure, I'll chip in this project with a couple characters, sounds ambitious but I think it could turn out really well, like a family photo or something.

Name: David Anderson

Height: 6' 5"

Eye Colour: Grey

Hair Colour and Style: Black, slightly graying regular SS13 short hair and a goatee.

Expression: Somewhat cheerful/jovial, with bags under the eyes. (If you decide to have the mask by his side or something)

Pose: Sitting or standing, speaking with someone or fiddling with something in his hands.

Uniform: Black camo Head of Security jumpsuit, riot armour/armour, security gas mask, HoS cap, jackboots, belt.

Preferred Location: Wherever works

Note: Prosthetic left hand

All SS13 drawings need a clown, here's one if you need or want an extra character (if you think an other clown would be better, add them, this is only for completeness, I'd prefer to have my other character on it over this):

Name: Pagliacci Honks

Height: 5' 7"

Eye Colour: Brown

Hair Colour and Style: Green, parted hairdo and Watson mustache.

Expression: Giggling uncontrollably.

Pose: Standing, sliding a banana peel in front of a chair, or doing some other clown shenanigans.

Uniform: Clown jumpsuit, clown mask, clown officer's cap.

Preferred Location: Anywhere

Edited by Guest

Okay, I'll join in too!

Name: Braeden Dennis

Height,: 184 cm

Eye colour: Blue

Hair colour/style: Black, Emo

Facial hair: None

Piercings: none

Expression: Just stopped smiling, it's hard to smile on photos after all (hope this isn't too much to ask)

Pose: Standing straight, arms crossed

Uniform: Detective's coat and hat, holstered gunand a crowbar at the waist

Preferred position: Right, top

Ahahaha, thats awesome mate! Hardsuit looks great. Only thing is the helmet, its slightly less -popular survival horror game- and more one entire piece. I'll grab a few reference pics of the hardsuit.

What other items do you need reference pics for?

Here's my two works in progress. http://imgur.com/ydI5TAF,lUca3uJ

The one with Chance and Grugg still needs a lot of work, namely, Chance needs a new face and I need to draw the xeno standing over Grugg.

The other one should be fairly obvious. late tonight/early tomorrow I'll be starting the non-reactionary (smiling and standing) crew before adding in the crew reacting to other antics.

I've run across the issue of who gets to be the heads. There's two ways this picture could go. One, [redacted], and the other is that I start a vote and we get to vote on who gets to be what role.

Fj45, if you want a special color scheme, for atmosia, just ask. I'll allow things not entirely in game, but what would be appropriate aboard a NT station. This includes, but is not limited to, security helmet art, faces drawn on welding masks, pins and buttons on uniform, etc...

Wow, those pictures all look like really nice drafts, but I think the proportions for the trench coated guy with the fire axe in the Grugg and Chance drawing needs to be fixed up somewhat, his head, shoulders and feet seem a little exaggerated for such a realistically proportioned drawing.

Edited by Guest

Anyway, here's where I call it for tonight.

http://imgur.com/xRnTxZs

It's best if you don't stare too long at the faces...

As per usual, I give you all a hand drawn sketch of mediocre quality.

Anyway, heres Alice Peirson II sleeping in a gygax. (or at least in a mech that I'm calling a gygax...)

http://imgur.com/uxqzdBO

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use