Telecomms Job

BadApple797

Recently I discovered the magic of telecomms (mainly the scripting), and I love it to death

Problem is, I either got to go CE or beg for access to do it, and it takes a long time to develop scripts.

I was thinking it would be great if a job like "Telecomms administrator' could be added, someone who's job it is to script telecomms, as well as fix it if it goes down, repair the relay on mining ect ect.

Obviously the first problem is that someone who doesn't know what they're doing could easily fuck up telecomms really bad so maybe it should be karma locked or something along those lines.

Oh hey Cole!

Remember when we tried to "fix" t-coms and ended up getting shot? Eheh, good times.

One change I'd like is that fact that theres TWO sets of turrents, it needs to be a bit more obvious.

Maybe the T-coms techn could spawn in a pod and pretty much be an engineering pod pilot that does most of the station EVA? Problem is them going between stations.

I am not so for this suggestion. Tcomms is what it is.

The living quarters are just fluff. It's not really setup to house employees.

The turrets are setup to prevent intrusion. For a reason. Having an employee work there would mean disabling vital security systems.

There's no real atmospherics system. No medical ward. No nothing to house employees, as mentioned before..

It would require Telecoms to be reworked and remapped. And in my opinion, it's not worth it.

Whilst I love the telecomms scripting too, in general there isn't enough to do to warrant a separate job. There's also the fact that writing scripts often involves bugs, and people are going to get annoyed with you if you keep bugging out the comms system.

My suggestion is to use a local server to write the scripts on and play around with it, save your scripts in documents on your computer, then use them at appropriate times on the live server. That way you get the fun of playing around with the system in a way that won't annoy people and still get to see the effects and reactions on the live server

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use