More Grenades

IamnotDave

A suggestion to give chemistry something else to do, possibly coding in grenades filled with different chemicals that can spread like plasma, for example chloral hydrate that can knock out rooms of people or mutagen grenades that can mutate people. Also a testing area in science. What I'm trying to say is that I'd like grenades to be a larger part of chemistry than just traitors tossing around napalm explosives.

This is possible now. When you make a grenade you put 2 breakers in. Put 2 of the ingredients for smoke in one, and the third in the other (eg potassium and sugar in one and phosphorus in the other. Now top up both beakers with what you want to spread and put them in the grenade. They'll mix when the grenade goes off and the smoke takes on the properties of whatever's in it.

To do tests talk nicely to the RD and get his permission to use the toxins testing area.

Bear in mind that there's some things you can't do grenades of as they'll react with the smoke ingredients. Chloral Hydrate is one of these, the sugar reacts and creates sleep toxin, leaving no sugar for the smoke reaction, however you can make a sleep toxin grenade.

Unless you make use of the cryobeakers.

Good point, I forgot about cryo beakers

I want more helpful grenades myself. Seems like a waste to only have grenades for antags or griff.

Pretty much anything that can be administered by syringe can be administered by smoke grenade, both positive and negative, so there's already plenty of scope for positive grenades, they just don't get used much

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use