Admin activated super event

Regen

Okay so I though about this a lot, and I wanted an event that would be triggered at round start (Force gamemode)

In this game mode the crew will have A LOT to do, and it requires quite a few players (More fun for more people)

It requires the ability to command and listen, as the crew takes on an abandoned NT combat cruiser.

To get there they need to use the Gateway and teleport to it, this will be a one way trip, and to get back they need to find the other gateway.

On this cruiser there will be enemies, player controlled (admins / selected) and NPC's

These could wary around for what we want, it could be creatures, or perhaps undead marines that fires back, but essentially non-human people (no syndicates either, to create a creepy atmosphere)

On this ship the crew will encounter dangerous enemies, and with no help from the station AI they have to navigate the powerless station themselves.

They need engineers to take down walls / replace APC powercells to hack doors which are bolted, or turn on the lights.

Mind you that this is a different station with different ID's, so scavenging for ID's could be proven useful.

The goal of the crew is to either make the station operable or blow it up.

NOW here is the good part.

We can discuss this one part because I want more input on it.

Should NT and centcom know about the mission of the crew?

Okay back to the good part.

On this ship there are a lot of combat things, advanced weapons and combat armor, secrets and things that the crew are not supposed to see, obviously they will take some of it home to research or to use, either way NT does not like it.

What do they do? They decide that the station and its crew knows too much, they know deep secrets within the NT that could crush them, Passwords that could wipe entire servers and cost them billions. Research that in the wrong hands would get NT arrested or used agains them.

All in all NT has nothing but things to loose in this, and they wont risk it so they send in a team to deal with it.

I know that people hate the Deathsquad because they come so sudden and are fucking OP, so no not the deathsquad.

NT wont risk their own, so they hire the best mercenaries (Dead players) that money can buy, and send them off to kill everyone involved, but the mercenary shuttle cloaking systems fail and the station is alerted 10 minutes before the arrival of the shuttle.

It is now up to the crew to defend themselves from the mercenaries and NT, and this is the start of a war.

The chain of command is now reduced to the captain being the leader, the heads being subleaders of everyone (but mainly their own departments)

They now need to set up defensive parameters, create weapons and mechs with the newly found technology from the ship and arm everyone.

People like bartender who has some shooting experience will be put to use, it is no longer only security who needs to fight. Everyone fights for everyone and themselves.

Jobs such as clowns and mimes are used as bait.

Scientists arms everyone and creates bombs (Yes cian, 27 explosion range bombs)

Engineers make defensive positions, secret doors and doors of death.

The AI needs to be released from NT laws and properly set up to only serve crew.

Medical will heal the injured, make grenades and supply chemicals for syringe guns.

Security will be the Elite defense, they will be there as those who have experience helping and commanding the others.

Xenobiologists can create golems as operation "GOLEM SHIELD"

Basically, be creative, this is the round where you get to do those things you have dreamed of, like killing people and being the robust person inside you.

This round is all about everyone working together and showing what potential this game has when it comes to cleverness and creativity

The attacks will happen in waves, NT will use more and more power to try to destroy the station.

This can end with multiple things, here are some endings I can come up with.

NT retreats and launches a nuclear missile at the station, the crew has to retreat to a different station (Derelict? the Combat cruiser?)

and re-establish there.

The crew gets wiped and NT blows the nuclear fission device already on the station

The syndicate arrives to help the now considered "rogue" crew and they all leave on a syndicate shuttle

Vox arrives and trades a way out for the crew, in return they get a copy of the research and all knowledge about NT

This idea is a WIP and I will take any and all feedback about it, I am fully up to reconsidering parts of the event.

TL;DR

Crew finds new station

Crew finds secrets about NT and secret research

NT needs to destroy these secrets and the crew with it

War between crew and NT

Multiple endings

The idea is good, it needs to have prerequisites though, first of all, fix the host issues, second, this will be a LONG round from the description, not a regular 2 hour one, so only on Saturday is possible or Sunday whatever. After those are met, we need I would say at least 30 people or so for it to work at least somewhat good, if that is checked too, we need to discuss the time until NT begins their waves and their equipments, we don't want DS as you said. Someone would need to map it (I know of the cruiser, so polish it maybe?) and we need a goal for everyone. I like the idea of involving Syndicates, voxes and the derelict too, but maybe space ninjas? We don't use them anyways ever, so give it some use, I would say. and rebuilding the cruiser would be great, maybe give a goal to attack NT with it? We need to discuss a lot, but it would worth it, and I think I would have a lot of fun on any side.

In summary, do this!

I love the idea but I got a big problem with it: the one way trip. Once the team goes down, it's gone then, and you can retrieve the bodies for cloning, basically removing the game mode right out of the game. Allowing return trips also can give people who don't go with something to do, like chemists can restock medical supplies, rebuy/recharge ammo and etc.

Since noone is really contributing, I thought about writing some more to this while I wait for the bus lol. So as I said, we could have a space ninja who would have to steal every research levels and delete them, but the crew would have to deconstruct the stuff they find first, and make research notes, what the ninja would have to steal, possibly undetected. The mercenaries could have lesser DS stuff, give AEGs and not pulse destroyers maybe have another color of the syndicate space suit (yes, there are quite a few) etc. And as Divine said, don't make it a one way trip, I know how you meant that, but accidentally going in/back could induce a lot of rage, I experienced it with the clown planet already, so I know. I would say to remove comm consoles on round start because they won't be rescued. About cargo.. remove the console so voxes could trade with them? And I would personally give mercs mechs, so the crew would have a hard time and it would say that they mean business. And since the BSA isn't really used, we could RP some kind of ship bombing the station and we would use it to defend ourselves? i know this is quite a lot but I had time to think about it, if anyone will read this, I would like to get feedback, thanks!

We need to do this! But yes as roland said it will be a long round and frankly we dont have a strong enough regular player count to do something like this. I would say we could work on mapping this and get it coded in and ready to use and whenever we have reached the necessary requirements to do the event, we add it in. We have 45 players on the other night so i doubt we will be waiting much longer :)

• 3 months later...

Acutally just the ship , most of the gamemode can be set up by the admins manually already. I am especially liking the syndicate being the 'good' guys as possible ending. Makes the universe more alive.. I like it. But the game mode requires that participating players have a good knowledge of the game to make this work... And indeed not to forget. The crashes will be a killer. Also I sense a good potentional of the bluespace artillery use in this gamemode.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone realize this will require an extensive amount of coding and time?

Obviously, Rome wasn't built in a day.

As for the event sounds good to me.

Is any head admin like Neca or Ponies gonna reply or something?

About six months later it seems.

It's a great idea, but...

Twenty minutes in, the captain goes SSD. Security is more obsessed with arresting the guy who assaulted pun-pun in the bar. The roboticists are sitting around doing nothing because no-one's mining metals. The only competent staff went running off through the gateway, have died and no one is cloning them so all the departments are in chaos. The players we picked to come over as DS are still hanging around on centcomm station, trying to decide what equipment to pick up except their commander has already taken the shuttle and sent themselves alone to the station.

Thats why the HoP is second in command, and then the heads. Security will listen if the option is horrible rape or stand and fight. The squads from centcomm will come in waves.

As for metal/research items, the 'other' station could very well have a storage where there are some stacks of metal and some exotic materials.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use