Drawing pins

VampyrBytes

Ok, only a little thing, but how about adding drawing pins to the game.

I got the idea when I was a chemist making up advanced medicine mixes. I know plenty of medics are dubious about giving meds without knowing what's in them, and the labeling system is limited in how many characters you can use. So I thought to myself, I wish I could just pin a piece of paper to the fridge that tells everyone what's in the pills.

Then I started thinking about other practical uses of being able to pin up notes -

HoP - 'Called away on urgent command business, back in 10' at his queue (yes, we know he'll never be back, but still ;) )

Barman/Chef - Menus

Clown/Mime - why just drop the photos of your butt on the floor when you can pin them up everywhere

Engineers - out of order signs (we'll get around to it as soon as we've repaired the derelict)

I'm sure there's plenty of other professions and situations for them to be used in

How I envisage it working -

Use the drawing pin on a piece of paper. You can now click on a wall, door, machine, or whatever else you can think of with it in your hand and it sticks to it - graphics wise it'd be overlayed in the same way as when you drop it on the floor

click the paper with an empty hand and you get the normal window for reading a piece of paper

click the paper with a pen in hand and you get the normal window for writing/editing

click the paper with a screwdriver / knife / similar implement in your hand and you take down the piece of paper

I'm sure there could be other fun uses for drawing pins too... perhaps if you scatter them over the floor, people can only walk over those tiles, not run (this was totally off the top of my head whilst writing this)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use