Hello!

Citinited

Hey all,

Been playing on Paradise for several months now, and it is awesome! :D

My main two characters i play are TRIS, the surgeon, and Simon Grey, the Engineer/Atmos Technician/CE. I also play James McAdder, the Bartender/whatever else.

About me personally: I'm currently in my early twenties, am a graduate from Durham University (UK), and I do generally geeky stuff, such as MtG, LARP, and tabletop RPG. (I have also GM'd several times, mostly using the Cortex system).

Anyway, enough about me. Hope to see you in-game!

Fj, stop trying to turn everyone into crazed lunatics that gas everyone at the first opportunity atmos techs ;)

And welcome aboard Citinited :)

But making stupidly-highly-pressurized canisters is all part of the fun of it! I think my record is something like 40MPa... xD

Also, thanks. :D

What setup do you normally use?

I actually kinda like the default setup (well, with a few tweaks). I normally stick in another loop from N2/O2 to the gax mixing chamber, if I need a larger air pressure out. I normally stick in the space loop into the cooling loop, then rejig the pipes to allow for that (some of the pipes seem pretty redundant). I also sometimes venture outside to set up a few pairs of heat exchangers, as the space loop isn't that efficient in its default state.

I'll probably have to take a screenshot to fully explain stuff, though.

What setup do you normally use?

I actually kinda like the default setup (well, with a few tweaks). I normally stick in another loop from N2/O2 to the gax mixing chamber, if I need a larger air pressure out. I normally stick in the space loop into the cooling loop, then rejig the pipes to allow for that (some of the pipes seem pretty redundant). I also sometimes venture outside to set up a few pairs of heat exchangers, as the space loop isn't that efficient in its default state.

I'll probably have to take a screenshot to fully explain stuff, though.

You atmos guys never make sense to me. @.@

Good. You shall never know our secrets!

I use the setup here myself

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1285

If the SM gets setup I use the old line the normally connects to the non airmix tanks. Conect it to the N2 line before it mixes, send it into the space loop and then just collect it in a canister. Very efficient way of making N2 around 2-4 degrees

Welp, that's pretty simple really.

Just simply disconnect the lines to the tanks with dangerous gas. (CO2, plasma, NO2.)

Boom, AI cannot gas the station! Now, to stop em from pulling air, (when it works) use the atmos alarm console and just check the settings on red zones.

Now, for tearing borgs apart you need three things: Fire axe, flash and insulated gloves. Once the ROGUE AI! call comes out, just weld into tech and grab the flash. Hunt down any borgs, flash em, then tear em apart! If they are unlocked you can do the procedure in my sig and kill em even faster!

To avoid the AI, move fast, find the AI wire, stay next to an engie or two and use maint the most.

If you have time and noone has broke in already, break into chem and make some thermite!

Melt your way in, then there's a few things you can do. If science is good/still alive you may just be able to bomb the AI! You can easily make a prett good bomb using some welding tanks, shove as many into the core as you can and then blow the AI to hell!

Or, you can do a Buck and axe the AI!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

No.

Really, it isn't all that hard. The atmospheric loop is pretty easy to work out. (Even without a diagram.) it is much, much simpler then it looks. You can just ignore half anyway!

Atmospherics is best learnt without really any proper lessons or instructions, once you get hands and just observe everything slowly starts making sense.

Its funny, as you never really need to why things work or any of the specifics.

Like that entire section of maths in the atmos wiki. Never learnt em, never used em, never needed em.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use