Picking Handcuffs/Zipties

Hippie

Getting cuffed or tied up seems like a complete defeat 99.9% of the time, with that 0.01% being the rare instance where whoever is cuffing you/tying you is completely unaware to the fact that you can remove your restraints by resisting, or is simply completely blind to the resist message that appears in chat.

My suggestion would be to add something akin to picking the lock to handcuffs or cutting off zipties without outside help. For example; if you have a screwdriver in your pocket - your pocket or toolbelt, not your bag, as you would likely not be able to reach inside it to begin with, then you could resist and recieve a prompt or straight away utilize it to remove the handcuffs. It still has a timer and the requirement to stand still, but it would be greatly reduced. 10-15 seconds would be the best I could think off. The same applies to cable restraint and zipties. If you have a wirecutter in reach, you could instantly cut off (or with a very minor delay, i.e. 3 seconds) the restraints and break free. Thus making handcuffs a little bit more valuable than zipties and ghetto cable restraints.

Picking locks/cutting off zipties would still yield a message, of course. And it can still be easily countered by simply removing a captured person's items.

A bonus would be to add the feature to be able to cut yourself loose through the same means with the same items, but so long as they're at least one tile adjacent to you and you're not buckled as well as standing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use