Miscellaneous Items/Equipment Suggestions

Pink

Instead of solely creating a thread just for a few suggestions I had.. I figured why not make this a large thread to suggest certain items/objects/equipment that need to be added to the map/server.

Black Gloves for Security - As of right now security contaminates a large majority of the detectives work when they touch or pick up stuff with their hands. Considering security is the first to arrive on scene to deal with murders/damage/injuries they should have gloves to avoid contamination. Be nice if they had some in the security lockers. As well, most Police and Security officers do carry gloves on them at all times just for this point.

Wheelchairs in Medbay - We have a lot of people getting their wheelchairs stolen and some people losing legs and limbs who simply want a wheelchair. There's currently no extra wheelchairs and seem to only be obtainable through spawning.

Roller Beds - Believe it or not.. but I've run out of roller beds numerous times in Medbay. Not sure if you can order these through cargo... however another server has a actual roller bed disposal!

More Hardsuits - This is kind of a given, there's a lot of players now and the amount of hardsuits available to non Engineer/Atmospheric crew available is just not enough. With a playerbase of 80-100 on most nights having a total of 8 Hardsuits available to the crew is just too low right now.

Surgery Table in the Brig - Brig Physician was a great addition.. however without a surgery table to treat prisoners/officers it's kind of a waste when the physician spends more time transporting the injured to medbay anyways.

Riot Gear - There's not enough riot gear to cover the basic security force. On a full server there's usually about 8 active officers if the HoP is doing his job. Having only 3 full suits available is kind of silly when it doesn't even cover the basic amount of available security spawns. (not saying to add more laser guns/weapons, just riot gear)

Security HUD Glasses - This is another item that can't keep up with the amount available of station. Often the Head of staff will raid security early on for a pair of Hud Glasses. I mean why wouldnt they? They are far superior to the sun glasses they spawn with. Along with this the Detective and anyone else who has access will take the Hud Glasses from security. Please add HUD Glasses to the HOP/Captain/Detective etc. Or simply add a box in the wardens armory with additional glasses! (not sure if you can order these)

Medical HUD's - Not as big of a problem but they eventually all disappear halfway through the round.

Anyone else with any small item suggestions feel free to add.

My problem with some of this is that the Brig Medbay isn't supposed to place regular medbay, and you're supposed to order more riot suits from cargo if you really need them.

Also, I don't know if sec having black gloves would solve the contamination problem, since black gloves leave fibres on crime scenes and evidence, a gripe I have with the detective's equipment.

Medbay absolutely needs more wheelchairs, though.

In general, I think that stuff that that you run out of should be obtainable. But I would encourage that this should increase cross department RP instead of every unit being self supplied.

Gloves for security by default I agree with. Granted, you can bag evidence without touching them, but the crime scene definitely gets contaminated. Especially point of entry. I also think there should be some way of manufactoring gloves. The reason I think that you should start out with gloves instead of obtaining from some other source is because the consequences are indirect, not relevant to all game modes, and will make somebody else (the detective's) work harder and less realistic. Besides, since securing evidence is a job requirement, gloves would be standard issue.

The HUDs can be manufactured. I think it should stay that way. Science must provide.

Wheelchairs. They should be possible to manufacture and it would be good if medbay started out with one or two. They could be collapseable. Rollerbeds should be possible to manufacture.

Hardsuits. Yes. I have worked on a couple of oil platforms and larger vessels. There are always evacuation suits for everyone. In SS13, it would not be out-of-character if people were expected to embark the evacuation shuttle in full hardsuits. It would also give people something to do during the ten minutes if they otherwise would just be loitering around the escape area. In the game, the escape shuttle is regarded a safe heaven. Given that it is a emergency evacuation with stuff like meteors smashing the station hull, it's not exactly canon.

Surgery table in brig. Not sure if I agree with that. Patient transport could be responsibility of paramedic or the trains that are being contemplated to alleviate other transport needs such as hauling cargo and transporting prisoners.

Riot Gear. I understand the logic in that three riot gear hard suits will cover a 3-tile-wide corridor. But I agree with OP.

The HUDs can be manufactured. I think it should stay that way. Science must provide.

Ahh, no. Science is extremely unreliable/understaffed and they can't even make em very fast. Plus its on the other side of the station!

Ahh, no. Science is extremely unreliable/understaffed and they can't even make em very fast. Plus its on the other side of the station!

HUD need no outside tech from the tables around and protolathe to build up to, literally takes 2-3 minutes max from start of shift to reach huds and that includes all the clicking and moving time.

1. No , security officers are not implanted with loyalty at the start of the round. They have evidence bags to use in case there are certain objects to be brought to the detectives office. Trust me, a murderous traitor/changeling security officer is dangerous (even tough they will never tell the difference between the shy Human Female Officer from the Pink Panther Female Officer even if they have the same ID and voice).

2.Yes

3.The roller bed dispenser may be great.

4. If you are not going to do EVA work you are to put it back from where you took it. Plenty of Engineers don't know this tough and wear it like they mean it. Maybe.

5.Nope

6.Nope, we also have plenty of hardsuits in case of that

7 and 8. Science is right that way. If they can't make them, get those lazy nerds to get to work. Usually they might be able to make them.

1. No , security officers are not implanted with loyalty at the start of the round. They have evidence bags to use in case there are certain objects to be brought to the detectives office. Trust me, a murderous traitor/changeling security officer is dangerous (even tough they will never tell the difference between the shy Human Female Officer from the Pink Panther Female Officer even if they have the same ID and voice).

Security officers are meant to be first on a crime scene. It's part of the job description and their standard equipment should be accordingly. In fact, detective and HoS should berate officers for NOT wearing gloves at a crime scene.

If a set of finger prints come back to an officer, it will quite likely be disregarded anyway as it isn't difficult to have an explanation for it. It is nothing but hassle for the detective. I think it makes a better narrative, and RP, that the detective can announce that finger prints were found.

Any officer can ask cargo or medbay for a set of gloves, and will get it.

And even if it would make a balancing issue, which I don't agree with, then it seems metagame'ish to have something so obvious taken away for the contingency that the officer may be antag. Security officers already start out with a whole arsenal to disable people.

If it helps, then make the security gloves a different kind than the normal black gloves so they leave distinct fibres. This would even give a hint to the detective if fibres from regular black gloves were lifted.

I recommend a box with some purple latex glove recolours named 'forensic gloves' and the Detective should start with them. They don't leave fingerprints or fibres, however once removed they cannot be worn again and leave fingerprints and DNA all over them.

I think the roller bed thing would be great also is there no way to fold them back up?

More hardsuits? Well other then 1 hardsuit in EVA for every race that currently does not have one there and maybe a 3rd hardsuit in atmos since being that 1 of 3 atmos without a hardsuit kinda sucks. other than that i don't see much need, the crew other than certain jobs are not meant to be wearing hardsuits.

Not sure why people are arguing against gloves for security? Honestly, out of all the equipment they have giving them gloves so it makes a job easier and promotes the detective to do his work is not a bad idea.

Science can produce HUD Glasses... but let's be realistic. Science does shit all aside from maybe research stuff, they arent going to be making any glasses.

It's a bit silly to see security walking around with Latex Gloves on anyways and you notice halfway through rounds a lot of Security Officers have stolen/taken gloves from prisoners.

A 3rd hardsuit in atmos since being that 1 of 3 atmos without a hardsuit kinda sucks.

Been saying this for a long time. Four would be great as there needs to be a spare.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use