Admin Complaint: Spacemanspark

lizardzsi

Admin(s) Key: Spacemanspark
Your ckey (Byond username): Lizardzsi
Your Discord name (if applicable): 

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 2019.02.17

Nature of complaint: Abuse of powers
Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): In a nutshell what sparks need to read: Rule 0: Don't be a dick

Full description of events:

I was playing as Krichahka as captain, and after a harmless announcement, CC replied in public mentioning Kentucky Fried Vox. We joked about it, laughed it off, my character denied it existing vehemently as a joke, had a banter, all good. Then CC teleported in a KFV meatpie which was talking/screaming/telling how it was chopped to pieces, while the admin kept whispering to eat it.

Then it teleported in a bunch of KFV meatbreads. I tried to IC hint that it is starting to get a bit too far... which Spark escalated it to making a small room in space containing vox corpses on meathooks, teleported me into it, while it kept mocking me (And as bonus points, made me lose the NAD, which was then blamed on me, further increasing tensions). I tried to convey IC again that this is really not okay. A vox on a meathook was spawned in my office. That exploded in gibs. And yet again escalated next, by filling the escape shuttle with vox corpses. I openly said in announcement, that there is a fine line that's crossed with this. And of course Central was filled with vox corpses, and he even teleported me into it make me see, and to give a final kick, next round he made the title screen having a vox on a meathook. I honestly felt that this 'joke' was centered on me, with me being the butt-monkey of it, beyond the point of it being funny, and got past the point of it becoming actually disturbing.

I was really torn about filing this complaint, since probably the most I can achieve with this, is to not get included in any future admin events, but since this was really pushed past a point, I feel I have no choice but to voice my dislike and concern. I like dark humor as much as the next person, but when that joke keeps being hammered on, despite the reaction it is getting, it's getting actually disturbing. I am honestly taken aback, as I was thinking highly of the admins before, even if I do not fully agree with some of the decisions about the server. I have been playing on Paradise for quite a few years, and during it, I of course became aware of Spark liking a bit of senseless destruction for senseless destruction's sake, which is all fine and dandy, but as I said, this was really going too far.

On hindsight, I should have resolved it with ahelping it, since IC rection/interaction didn't convey the message, but that still doesn't make all this okay and Spark blameless, and at worst, he will get another slap on the wrist, but I honestly think that admins should play/interact/create with a higher standard, and generally know when to stop.

Ps.: I do remember when the title screen was basically a tajaran deathcamp / deathmachine from years back, and now I have a good guess whose idea that was. Just a thought.

Hi there, thank you for this complaint.

In brief conversation with spark myself, and looking over his discussion with multiple admins afterwards over a few days, it appears as though your IC interactions led him to believe you were engaged with and having fun with the event. He believed you were having a good time with the event. He regrets that you did not have fun with it, as that was his intent, and wishes to pass on that he also really wishes you did ahelp or something, so he could know and adjust the event.

Although you mentioned several times ICly that things are going a bit too far, to an admin any response ICly to an event like that generally shows engagement. Even distaste/horror/etc, if shown ICly, come from the character, and thus show you're OOCly showing interest and engagement with the event. Especially something like this, a character showing horror at what they're seeing just shows them reacting appropriately ICly. ICly, people scream things like "OH GOD MAKE IT STOP" when they're having fun OOCly,! It appears in this case, Spark interpreted your actions as being interested and having fun with the event.

Especially with events like this (Excessively "gory", focused on one person, etc), OOC feedback is thus needed to determine if someone isn't having a good time. Ahelps, LOOC, discord, etc, can all be used for this. 

As for the Tajaran death camp, that was Freurerland. I'm not sure at all what this has to do with the complaint.

As there was no abuse of power or being a dick here, I consider the complaint side of this resolved. Feedback on events and discussion of them is welcome, and I invite you and any others involved in it to give feedback here so we can do better in the future. Feel free to ask questions about how to best ahelp/looc various things like this too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use