Alignment: Chaotic Good

Affiliation: Nanotrasen

Religious Beliefs: Non-Practicing

Detailed Information

Appearance

colin-earle.png

Full color variant : https://i.ibb.co/JBwjrjc/colin-earle-color.png

Character Voice: Somewhat similar to Yuri Lowenthal

Personality: Generally agreeable and easygoing but has a great disdain for anything Clown related

Medical Record: Through the use of genetically modified progenitor cells and experimental gene therapies, Colin has greatly extended his lifespan. Despite being over 80 years old, his body is still functioning as if he were decades younger. Repetitive use of the original Colin Earle's progenitor cells in cloning has left this particular iteration sterile.

Character Biography

Background: 400th generational clone of Colin Earle

Family
Progenitor
Colin Earle - Biological Father/Cloned From - Died Age 31 in 2245

Parents
Liane Davidson - Adoptive Mother - Died Age 79 in 2533
Ryann Tomi - Adoptive Father - Died Age 80 in 2528

Siblings
Bernice Tomi - Adoptive Sister - Died Age 76 in 2544
Robby Tomi - Adoptive Brother - Died Age 41 in 2513
Shelly Alvan Tomi - Adoptive Brother - Age 85

Partner
Fern Leslie-Earle - Wife - Age 66

Children
Asher Earle - Adoptive Daughter - Age 25
Boyd Earle - Adoptive Son - Age 36
Kierra Earle - Adoptive Daughter - Age 37
Ami Earle - Adoptive Daughter - Age 28
Ernestine Earle - Adpotive Daughter - Age 44

History:

Colin was cloned from a line of clones of the original Colin Earle who passed away in the year 2245. He was adopted by a wealthy couple who could not bear children of their own, choosing to have a child grown in a vat instead. Shortly after this, his adoptive mother, Liane seperated from his adpotive father, Ryann. He never saw her again.

From a young age, Colin was aware of his existence as a cloned child and his impending doom at the hands of genetic instability due to his clone-heavy genetic line. This sparked Colin's interest in the sciences and he grew to excel in his courses. In 2497, he began working at Calamity College on Luna as a lab assistant. In the following years, he transitioned from assistant, to researcher, to team leader at the Lunar Academy of Medicine.

In 2515, he met his wife Fern and two years later they were hitched. Colin's infertility didn't stop the pair from growing the family they wanted. Ernestine, Kiera, Boyd, Ami, and Asher were adopted over the course of the next 20 years.

Now almost 40 years old, Colin's sense of mortality grew and grew. He resigned from his position at the Lunar Academy of Medicine and joined the Adder Interstellar Research Group, a well-funded organization that offered a generous grant for him to continue his research with them in the field of Genetics. Colin's big breakthrough occurred in 2556. With the aid of a BioTech Solutions-Adder merger, granting even more funding than before, Colin's saving grace was eventually synthesized. The drug saw little to no success commercially as the thought of nigh-immortal human beings didn't go over well with the ethics committee, who buried all attempts to manufacture the drug.

This did not deter Colin, who stole samples of the drug for personal use. His genetic deterioration slowed, replacing his frail, aging body with a much more youthful one. Colin was advised to resign from his position as a senior researcher by his colleagues to avoid facing legal action from the company should they have found out.

With a new lease on life, Colin now seeks alternative avenues to further his quest for longevity and knowledge, not only for him but for his now greying wife and his aging children.

Faction Relations

Nanotrasen: Neutral

The Syndicate: Dislike

Port-Royal Inc.: Like

BioTech Solutions: Love

Other Information

This Colin isn't the only one aboard the NSS Cyberiad at the moment. Several other clones, including female mutates, all work aboard the Cyberiad, each with distinct personalities. Their common features include red hair (when not dyed), and a curiously wide array of skills outside of their field of study.

Edited by Flag
unknown images appeared

I've been mulling over this backstory for quite some time, having grown bored of always playing a wild, grey-tidey version of Colin Earle since I first started playing Paradise. If you check the Crew Records, you can see just how weird the "original" Colin was, and how bad some of ideas were. It's nice to have this written down somewhere. It also ties up my other Colin Earles in a neat little footnote.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I'm just imagining a station filled with Colins.

"Hey, Colin!"
"Hey, officer Earle. How's the family?"
"Sorry to butt in, Colins, but I just saw Colin breaking into engineering!"
"Oh my, Colin, that sounds serious! I will go over there immediately to reprimand Colin."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use