Lynching conduct

tristan1333

Not necessarily important, but maybe a section of the rules which states rules for angry mobs? Or just explicit reminders about the rules set into a single segment. IE Lynching viro without getting banned is always nice.

I think he meant server rules, not Space Law. Unless there is an IC reason for it, Space Law always applies, that's a given.

What I believe tristan1333 was asking is if there can be a section of the server rules, dedicated to lynching mobs. How to proceed and what is allowed if i.e. Viro releases some kind of virus, or the HoS goes power crazy and overthrows the captain to start a dictatorship, among other things. Are you allowed to kill these people, or commit major bodily harm to them?

That's what I understood from his post at least

IC - Space law is mitigated by Praxis, what can realistically be achieved. If someone is sufficiently disliked by the crew, a murder could occur in the middle of the bar and "no one saw anything". Centcomm has a lot of resources, but they're not omniscient and a crime can go unpunished in character. (or an innocent person punished incorrectly for that matter).

OOC - The server laws remain in place. If the circumstances warrant a lynch-mob, adminhelp for permission. Otherwise, even perfectly understandably motivated lynch-mobs may face banning for breaking rules on self-antagging and excessive violence.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use