Excessive Adminbus during a Regular Round

bryanayalalugo

Admin(s) Key: Alffd, EvadableMoxie (very sorry, not sure who may had been behind it, but I saw them both on at the time of the occurance)

Your ckey (Byond username): bryanayalalugo
Your Discord name (if applicable): Paperwork Lizard

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 12/16/2018, ~ 7:00:00 AM - 8:00:00 AM (GTM)

Nature of complaint: Excessive adminbus during a regular (changeling) round.
(Select all that apply: EG - clarification required, misapplication of rules, misconduct, abuse of powers, feedback, other)

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements):

Made the singularity to a advanced stage (level four to five) in containment, eventually breaking out and damaging the surrounding areas (even though it wasn't moving) and eventually causing damages to the bottom parts of the station after the shuttle was actually arriving. Along with it, excessive changes to the shuttle arrival times.

Full description of events:

At about 20 minutes or so into the round, I noticed, as a regular non-antag AI, that the singularity was at a unhealthy size, which I informed engineering about, and the PA was lowered in powered and eventually deactivated. Slightly later, I go to check if the singularity has become smaller, it did not and started to grow larger, eventually reaching to the size that made me ask command to either request a GOAT (as in Central Command removes the singularity) or a evacuation. After the GOAT request did not properly go through, a evacuation was called.

When the evacuation was called, the shuttle times were changed several times to excessive numbers, at two points reaching 60 minutes.

Afterwards, the singularity, while not having moved from it's spot, had eaten the surrounding area in engineering, even affecting atmospherics, damaging the loop, and the AI satellite.

After about 30 minutes, the singularity is made into a level 6 one (the big, yellow glowy one), 15 minutes later, the shuttle was allowed to be called under a reasonable time limit, and during that time, the singularity started to move from it's one spot in engineering to the bottom right parts of the station, eventually reaching escape moments before the shuttle departed (the shuttle wasn't severely damaged, but a wall or two ended removed).

I believe this was a bit of a excessive admin bus, considering that it was a regular round (a changeling one to be specific) and that it ended damaging a definite source of power to the station, the engineering area, and atmospherics.

engineering.thumb.PNG.a8d353b5f8380fe52527669df09c85ba.PNG

Engineering, around the place where the backup SMES and secure storage was at.

engineeringtwo.thumb.PNG.9f89fd1ae9ad9eac9442a8a205ca9c88.PNG

PA and station SMES area.

engineeringthree.thumb.PNG.df00a2bb2832397595db92153c939e67.PNG

Atmospherics and the damaged loops.

Greetings!

The Admin in question (Alffd) told his side of the story and it essentially boiled down to him turning a failed Singularity into a quasi-event. The singularity was kept in place through admin tools and was led to Escape as the shuttle was about to leave for added dramatic effect. The Singularity destroying Engineering and its power was part of the intended event.

The initial evacuation timers were modified specifically to allow a fair chance for any antags in the round to complete their objectives.

To my knowledge, only one person died to the Singularity, and it was someone who essentially threw themselves at it.

On its own, this event does not seem to violate any of our event guidelines or expectations: the round was presented with a unique situation (a singularity that had eaten the main power source, but remained in place for the majority of the round) that, at most, could have only affected the crew by shutting off the station's power (which did not happen station-wide, as far as I am aware.)

While I do understand the frustration of having one's round messed with to such an extent as the entire engineering gets destroyed or made non-functional, these type of things can happen as part of events, if we were to limit what an Admin could do to a given department or station, the flexibility and potential impact of events would suffer greatly.

I do not see any misconduct on behalf of Alffd in this case, so I consider this Complaint resolved.

If you have any issues with the resolution of this Complaint, feel free to reply here or contact me through Discord.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use