Admin Complaint

Rapture571

Hi,

I'm new to playing space station 13 again after being away for several years. I really do like the station and the nice mix of roleplaying and action.

I recently received some training in security as well on the server-which was really nice, as I have no idea what I am doing, as I had hardly ever played anything other than A.I. in the past. I seriously was just a total trainwreck as a security officer.. not even kidding.

Anyway...I used netspeak in character by accident and was messaged about it by an admin [who I won't name in public because it serves no purpose] well after it had happened and I couldn't remember that I had, I now do remember that I had mistakenly said lol as indicated by the admin in question.

They seemed like they were a little rude [though it is text so they may have just been doing their job] and kinda hurt my feelings a bit. It doesn't help to scorn a dog for jumping on the couch 10 minutes after the fact when they're in another room.

Its not the end of the world and more than likely juvenile on my part but I just wanted to vent.

Thanks for reading.

Also, please don't be mad.

-Nero

Greetings! I am going to be handling this complaint.

This is the conversation in question that occurred, the name of the Admin is obscured as per your preference of keeping them anonymous:

[2018-12-15T11:48:10] ADMIN: PM: [ADMIN]->Stink100/(Nero Saurs): Hey there, please don't use netspeak terms like "lol" IC okay?

[2018-12-15T11:48:51] ADMIN: PM: Stink100/(Nero Saurs)->[ADMIN]: I think you messaged the wrong person

[2018-12-15T11:50:41] ADMIN: PM: [ADMIN]->Stink100/(Nero Saurs): Nope I didn't ""I'm stuck lol" "

[2018-12-15T11:50:56] ADMIN: PM: Stink100/(Nero Saurs)->[ADMIN]: I don't recall this

[2018-12-15T11:51:05] ADMIN: PM: Stink100/(Nero Saurs)->[ADMIN]: But I'll refrain

[2018-12-15T11:51:12] ADMIN: PM: [ADMIN]->Stink100/(Nero Saurs): Well you said it so keep in mind that you shouldn't use netspeak IC

This conversation does not show any signs of Admin misconduct and is in fact, the general tact and clarity we expect from Admins -- he never insulted you, kept to the point of the situation and, when asked, clarified what exactly caused the issue by giving you a direct quote.

While I feel sorry that you felt insulted as a result of this conversation, I cannot apologize for, punish or otherwise reprimand the Admin in question over this conversation because, as I said, it is completely within our expectations of conduct.

Due to this, this Complaint is considered resolved.

If you are not satisfied with the conclusion of this complaint, feel free to reply to this thread.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use