Remove supermatter and shard from Xeno Anomaly drop

Midaychi

As in the title, they're neat ideas but a good xenoarchaeology team finds at least one shard a round now that Alden Saraspova counters were fixed. It's pretty darn difficult to space a supermatter or shard and it affects the station zlevel after it goes off. Onotop of that, the supermatter alert is unspecific and people tend to think it's the station supermatter going off when it's not.

All in all, an instant round ender even if a non antag digs it up. Needs to be replaced with something else, or some sort of mass driver set up on the asteroid for getting rid of them.

As far as I know, they'll start going unstable within a minute of being unearthed.

We've had around three rounds today end this way...

Ohh, so thaats why I got hit with so many rads when I started to mine.

This is foolish, at least the rounds I was in with the shard it didn't matter what z-level the shard was on, it'll still irradiate everyone, there is no hope whatsoever.

Maybe replace them with like, durand, odysseus, and gygax variants of the hover pod? Could use the same sprite and everything, maybe recolour it if you really care (but then again keeping it identical means you'd have to find out which one it is). I'd really love to replace the stupid movement sound it has though with a much quieter and neater one.

If you really want to, make them start broken and in need of fixing by robotics, but also pullable.

Supermatter and shard weight is '5', whereas unknown artifacts are weight '1000'.

They're supposed to be really rare, but RNG keeps spawning them.

You know, there is an elephant in the room, I would like to point that out.

Rather then removing them, how about this, adjust it so when they get 'spawned' they do not go nuclear.

Rather then removing them, how about this, adjust it so when they go nuclear, they only radiate the z-level they are on.

Rather then removing them, how about this, adjust it so space is cold.

Cause according to how they work, they should not explode in space at all, they should cool down, be dragged in, and re-used. bam.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use