Correctional Physician karma job

Midaychi

A suggestion for a potential Karma job, based on the medical area that's in security.

The role is a doctor who haunts the brig along side the warden, and has basic security and medical access.

Their equipment would be a security officer's uniform (or a modification of such) with a medical officer armband, some latex gloves, a sterile mask, a red emergency kit, a penlight and a medical scanner.

They would spawn inside of that medical area in the brig, and are tasked with maintaining the health of the contained prisoners, as well as patching up the officers on duty. They are also tasked with stabilizing critical people for transport to OR, and overseeing executions indirectly (but not performing it themselves) to be sure they're done correctly.

They are NOT another security officer, and should not be out doing so as non-antags.

--

Needed changes for this role to the sec medical area: Prison sleeper into normal sleeper, spraybottle of space cleaner and/or a soap, an advanced body scanner, a spare arm band, a few more roller beds, a beaker box, and a biohazard suit. Alternatively just use the security biohazard suit in armory.

--

Tips for playing: Grab two empty beakers and get a chemist to fill one with bicardine, and fill the other yourself with dissolved dexalin pills and a little inaprovaline. Get a welding helmet from cargo and some cables/a welder from assistant storage (for fixing IPC damage). Carry around at least one bottle of inaprovaline and anti toxins and a syringe.

Bicardine can slow internal bloodloss when used in small amounts, inaprovaline and dexalin help stabilize a crit patient, and you can make tricord on the go. You also have a whole set of kits all to yourself. Use this to stabilize patients, and transport them via roller beds to medical if they need surgery..

Get your id upgraded by the HOP to include surgery if you are well versed in the arts, or just want to supervise a prisoner while they're being fixed. Alternatively order a surgery crate and do semi-ghetto surgery on a roller bed.

---

Potential Antag role: You can steal stuff from the security lockers when nobody's looking, you can nab things from medical, and you can build a hidden room in the bulkhead at the back of the brig med area. You're expected to deal with critical prisoners and unhealthy sec officers, and to ensure they're provided with the proper medication. Take the opportunity to lull them into a false sense of security within your windowless room before you go in for the kill. Agent card or proboscis later and suddenly you have warden's access.

I'm not to certain on it.

Watching over and healing prisoners is one of the few things a Warden can do that isn't spinning in his office chair or watching the brig hallway, and it would be a shame to take that away from him.

I think this role should be already covered by warden requesting CMO for a doctor, or the CMO asks the warden/HoS for a doctor to gain access to this facility in rounds where transporting to and from medbay is problematic.

It is really not that different from the security area in medbay, but we're not talking about about CMO needing a security officer in his staff.

To be honest, Security already has an advanced first aid kit and donuts. The Paramedic has brig access (albeit not security access) and when Sec Officers are downed their immediate reaction is to bring their buddies to medbay anyway.

The only way this can go is the Correctional Physician never gets any work or the Correctional Physician will pull patients away from Medbay, which isn't fair on the Doctors.

Security does need more biosuits though.

I think that there are many scenarios where a dumbed down medbay inside security makes sense. But I think that this has already been achieved by having the facility there. CMO and HoS can work out the manning on a continuous basis.

I think you're exaggerating. Getting a doctor during riot rounds is worth the implant. The arrangement encourages Security / Medbay interaction. A permanent residing physician in brig would face even slower rounds than the ones where medbay is slow. CMO is in charge of managing the medically trained resources.

It becomes understaffed since most of the time the biggest bunch of morons play them and they keep the good players away. Most of the time it also gets really boring and repetitive. If you want to become the Brigs medic become the Warden or ask the HoP for security access and a job rename. Also the Brigs medical bay isn't fully outfited to deal with most situations. The sleeper only dispenses inaprovaline and sleep toxin (if I'm not mistaken)(it will also not help if he goes in critical), there is no advanced body scanner and most of the time you bring someone to be fixed it might be more than just a bruise or cut like a stuck bullet or internal bleeding and that could put their life in danger by going to the Brigs medic instead of going to the Medbay.

Overall I do not think we do really require a Correctional Physician.

Looking forward to checking those out.

Wonder who is the supervisor. HoS or CMO.

For that matter, I wonder who is the supervisor of the Magistrate. I assume he is not part of the security dept.

The court room thing didn't really work out in the past, so I'm excited to see the gameplay around this.

In the past when I've played warden, I find that processing of prisoners gets congested really fast if they weren't caught red handed and booking activity attempts to follow due process establishing testimonies, witness accounts, forensics, confessions etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use