Fruerlund - Vulp Death Camp

Mass595

Admin Key: Fruerlund

Your Discord name (if applicable): Mass#3148 ( Kaizen-5 )

Complaint: 

As the title suggests, this complaint is directed at @Fruerlund for setting up what they themselves described as a Vulp Death Camp. The 'Camp' was set up on the opening Title Screen of the server, for any and all newly joining players to see.

To the North was a long-range cloner, set up on a Conveyor belt, feeding into a machine that turned any player passing through it into a Vulpkanin. Players would spawn on the Cloner, be pulled through the machine, and then fed into the 'Camp' to the South. Below is a picture of the mechanism after the Cloner was removed and the area walled off.

dreamseeker_2018-05-05_13-55-30.png.b7958285a4d09010585b2d6d57d4e9cf.png

Within the 'Camp' itself, was a Guillotine, surrounded by Windows. Fruerlund was operating said Guillotine, dressed in Death Squad apparel. On either side of the main area were a line of NPC Vulps, ending at another pair of Guillotines, and surrounded by Grilles re-skinned to look like fences. To the South-east of the 'Camp' were four of the same NPC Vulps hung up on Meat Hooks. To the South end of the 'Camp' were three NPCs, with the appearance of Nanotrasen officials, set to repeatedly punch the Vulp just adjacent to them. Below is a picture of the 'Camp' after some Bonfires were added in, and the NPC Vulps were displaced by Fruerlund, wielding a Lord Singuloth hammer.

dreamseeker_2018-05-05_13-49-17.thumb.png.9ecdb99e9c1edf4a208957be2edfd58d.png

I can only assume Fruerlund wanted to express his discontent for furries with this display, a display that was shown on the Title Screen of Paradise Station for the entirety of the round. Not exactly the greatest contribution to the image of the server and its staff, one would think.

Fruerlund himself calling it a Vulp Death Camp:
Inkeddreamseeker_2018-05-05_13-55-00_LI.thumb.jpg.f51c933ebae528c1db00af0b0b88d24b.jpg

Bonus aftermath:

Inkeddreamseeker_2018-05-05_13-58-50_LI.jpg.e120e99e202dc669157199e624c32588.jpg

A joke from them, obviously, but one would question the fact that they expected an admin complaint be made, especially when they make said joke without anyone else bringing up the topic. 

The round in which this occurred took place around 2:00 PM EST, on Saturday, May 5th (6:00 PM Saturday GMT)

• clown 1
  • honk 1
  • toolbox 1
  • Salt 8

Can I just inquire what the basis of your complaint is, if you had to list the points. We’re not entirely sure what your biggest issues are about this.

Did you also make any contact with the admin before this complaint? Posting that would help us understand his response to the criticism.

Edited by Spartan

Hello and thank you for the complaint.

While I won't be handling the complaint I'd like to address a few things.

I didn't get the feeling that anyone felt offended over the incident, actually more like the other way around. If someone was indeed offended over this all they should've done was to let me know and I would've taken it down right away and provided them with an apology. As this didn't happen, and as people kept respawning in to take part in the "camp" I proceeded. Looking at the logs I see even you decided to join in.

After the round was over I proceeded to discord and posted this message.

image.png.fb5b06eea9dacd645480e1b2ccab637f.png

In regards to the history aspect I'd just like to say that It completely slipped by mind that it was liberation day (5), and that this "event" wasn't done in relation to the nazi aspect.

Fruerlund.

Edited by Fruerlund
  • Thanks 1

I had taken offense specifically to the fact that it was done on Liberation day, and that it was done on the Title Screen of Paradise; again, open for any and every newly joining player to see. I understand that it was meant to be all fun and games, but to me, the event seemed to be a bit overboard for a joke.

Edited by Mass595

4 hours ago, Mass595 said:

I had taken offense specifically to the fact that it was done on Liberation day

If this was your main issue, why did you not include this in your opening post? Your opening post implies he has more of a discontent of furries than this. You don't mention it once.

Can you also provide some ahelp logs or discord logs of speaking to him about this, if any at all exist? I assume you did complain or request him to stop before coming here.

Edited by Spartan

The administrator in question has been spoken to about the incident and agrees that this was in very poor taste.  We apologize for the incident and the administrator assures me that it will not happen again. That this was done on Liberation day was a very unfortunate coincidence that made this all the worse. Though I do understand this could have been a mental slip. I for one am in the United States where May 5th is normally only observed as Cinco de Mayo, or Mexican Independence day and as such, I was not aware of the date's other meaning.

That all being said I'm wondering a few outlaying details about this. Namely, why this was not ahelped when you saw it and even proceeded to join in. And While I understand the Liberation day aspect of this, if that's the main thing here, why was that only mentioned over 24 hours later and not in the main body of the complaint?

I apologize once again, this complaint is 110% valid and we have dealt with it as specified above. Other unrelated things are spilling over into it for reasons unknown to me, so barring all of that, are you satisfied with this resolution?

Yes, but I would like to admit that I did not approach Fruerlund about this directly through ahelps or PMs, when I most definitely should have. My apologies to Fruerlund and the rest of the staff for taking it here when it could have been resolved much more simply.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use