Ambient Sounds

Corpe

Something that is lacking on Paradise Station are the ambient sounds.

The atmosphere feels empty.  You don't really notice you're on a space station until you actually get outside into space. Also, some effects are too quiet, while some are too loud. If you've ever been on Aurora Station you will have noticed that it has amazing ambient sound effects: from the lockers, to the voice of the AI, to vending machines, and the doors. The little reverberations, and echoes are great. It really adds to one's immersion. Paradise would benefit greatly from this.

I don't have experience with coding, or making sound effects, so I don't know the difficulty of implementing this, but if this could be changed, it would greatly influence everyone's immersion, and therefore server experience, positively. 

Edited by Corpe

So, sound doesn't travel in space. But, it'd be cool if there were giant space whales and squids, making all sorts of crazy and terrifying echos and what not. You are right about internal reverb; cool and interesting idea. The silence of the situation could drive someone mad, that'd be cool. More terrifying ambiance in general would be cool, provided that we are indeed in space, no one will in fact hear your screams, no one will recover your body if the vessel is torn open and you get sucked out. Sort of like being on a ship, or perhaps closer to being in a submarine. 

Sort of reminds me of sabled sun. It's been years since I've listened to them. They do dark space ambient.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use