Psychologist's Report: B.E.E.R

Chronarch

Psychologist's Report

B.E.E.R

---------------click---------------

Recording starts:

"Hello there, Bever-"

"Just call me B.E.E.R. It's much easier to say."

"Ah, yes. Apologies, I don't get many uh, Machine people in my office, apart from the secretary," He chuckles, "Nonetheless, I'm Dr. Kingston."

PAUSE

"In my first meeting with B.E.E.R, he seemed quite chipper at first, joking around with me and the such. I was curious to see as to why a machine would need my services, but Nanotrasen insisted that he see me. Something about disturbing the patrons with certain stories, delusions of 'gods.' I have yet to see any of this, but today's meeting went quite smoothly. Anyway, I have another meeting. So I'll end this here for now."

END REPORT

Spoiler

Note: I'll update this semi-regularly, as I write more fluffed out versions of the old notes.

Edited by Chronarch

Psychologist's Report

B.E.E.R

Recording starts:

"Welcome back, B.E.E.R, how are we feeling today?"

"Suppose I'm alright, Mr. Kingston."

"It's Dr. Kingston. (a pause) Anyway, I hear you just got married, congratulations."

"Heh, thanks." (A faint clink could be heard)

"What's that? Oh, a locket, how nice. What's insi- B.E.E.R, please put the molotov down. Where did you even get that?"

PAUSE

"Well then. B.E.E.R is now married, he seems quite content with that, if a little... defensive. I think I will need to gain more trust before I even ask about the locket again. Perhaps in the next meeting, I will ask of that story. We will see. (The sound of a printer can be heard, followed by rustling) B.E.E.R seems to be a lot more violent over odd things, as I just received a fax about a security incident on the Cyberiad. Apparently, B.E.E.R smashed a bottle over someone's head, lit them on fire, and threw them in disposals for, and this is a quote from him on here, "jumping over my damn bar, despite many warnings." This is quite a concern, I will talk with him about it in the next meeting."

END REPORT

Edited by Chronarch
Just noticed an out of place quotationn mark
  • Like 3

Psychologist's Report

B.E.E.R

Recording starts:

"B.E.E.R? Good lord, sit down, sit down. What happened to you?!"

"Iit'sch ah lU#ong scCHtory, doO@c."

"Are- are you drunk? (you hear him muttering something about not being paid enough) Please, go on. I am supposed to listen to these stories."

"WeLl, I wah$ch un the Cybe!riaahd, and it wasch ah normal& shift, y*uU knuow? Abu#ut 15 MINutesc$h in, there were RUUmorsch of ah Cult."

"A cult? Like th-"

"Yesch. ANYwahy, I kep%t DRInki#ng, scho I Did nuut notice tHE al$ert, until it waahs tuu' late."

"Too late? Oh my..."

"The Schuttl#e docked, I $Guo to tHE poD, and JuUSt ash% I get THE%re, it Leahves. Scho many weRE stiil un THE SCHTation... Ahhs tha pod leavesch, th$ere WAS a schou'nd, as if the faAHbr&&ic of the uni?verse was @torn."

Dr. Kingston gasps, "How many made it out?"

"Nine."

PAUSE

"In my whole career, I have never seen somebody as much of a wreck as B.E.E.R was last week. That poor man has seen so much, I fear for him, but I believe that he has seen something like this before, heard that... sound before. I hope to find out next time. Until then, I will pray for those that died.

END REPORT

Edited by Chronarch
  • Like 1

Psychologist's Report

B.E.E.R

Recording starts:

"Mr. Kingston, we need to talk about something."

"Erm, that is my job, no?  What is it?"

"I don't want to admit it, but I'm scared. They wanted me to do something terrible. I couldn't follow through, and they threatened the Spigot."

"The Spigot? That is your bar, yes?"

"Yeah. I just... I couldn't end someone's life, and now I'm scared for my livelihood."

PAUSE

"B.E.E.R came in shaking, he seemed like his very life was at stake. I do hope that his bar remains intact. He mentioned some group, calling it the Syndicate. If it is the one rumored, then I truly pray for him."

END REPORT

Edited by Chronarch

Psychologist's Report

B.E.E.R

Recording starts:

"I have a question for you, B.E.E.R."

"Well, isn't that new? Shoot."

"You keep talking about 'that night,' What do you mean about that?"

"You want to hear that story, eh? Well, if ya insist."

"Take your time."

"So, this was... five years ago? Yeah, five. Anyway, I just got the Spigot, and got this contract for a party on a planet, forget the name. I come in and land by a city with a beautiful glass dome. They called it the Citadel, I believe."

"I see..."

"Anyway, I see this red glow over the horizon, I ignore it at the time, thinking it's the sunrise or whatever. I get set up, open the bar, and start serving drinks. It was a nice party, until it happened."

"It?"

"During the party, the red glow kept getting brighter and brighter. Nobody seemed too worried about it, but then again we were all a little too drunk. Except me of course. Around half an hour in, we hear this tearing noise, like someone ripped the very fabric of reality. Everyone starts running away, and a few moments later I see why."

B.E.E.R sighs, and you can hear someone drinking something.

"This beast was something out of nightmares. Skinless, all muscle and I swear this thing was breathing the upper atmosphere of the planet. Then, it starts walking. each step created a fucking shockwave. In three steps, it was at the city. Its next step shattered the dome."

"Shattered? Good lord."

"It looked like fucking snow raining down. This thing takes another step, and the air in the city starts turning red, you could see this fine mist floating out. This is when I finally stopped staring like an idiot, packed the Spigot up, and got the hell out of dodge. Problem is, I had to fly over the city to get out.  So, I fly through the mist, and dodge these creatures that I swear only belong in Hell."

There is a long pause.

"When I eventually slow down, I'm halfway across the galaxy. I get into a parking orbit around the nearest star, and start scrubbing the Spigot clean. It took weeks, and the mist had stained the metal a slight crimson. Turns out, I flew through a cloud of fucking blood. I flew through the citizens of the Citadel. That fucking BEAST turned a city of millions to a mist."

"Is that how you got that crack?"

"When one of those shockwaves hit, I must have fallen, and cracked the screen. I- I'm not sure."

PAUSE

"I finally got to know that story... I won't lie, I see why his patrons were reporting him. All those lives, lost." He clears his throat, "B.E.E.R seems to be suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. He also is likely to be severely depressed, despite his quite chipper attitude. Given his large amount of drinking, it seems that he manages it through constantly being slightly inebriated. While unhealthy, it seems to work fine, and since there aren't many cases of IPC PTSD, this information will be quite useful to further research."

END REPORT

Spoiler

This one was a bit longer than expected, but eh, I had to make a set version of this story somewhere. I'm considering doing an audio version of these. We'll see though. My voice changer's license ran out, so I will need to renew that.

Edited by Chronarch
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Psychologist's Report

B.E.E.R

Recording starts:

"Oh, B.E.E.R! Are you alright? I haven't heard anything from you in months!"

"11211200221201122200200000101210021212212212"

"Uh... are you talking to me?"

"12220222001011110120001102122202202002011112110210"

"B.E.E.R, I don't underst- Put the blade down, B.E.E.R. B.E.E.R, no! No!"

There is a slashing sound, followed by a thump.

RECORDING ENDS

You hear a slight commotion, and a steady beep.... beep.... beep....

"Gah... I'm recording this report from the hospital. I fear that B.E.E.R may have lost any sense of mind that he had. He only spoke in numbers before he did this to me. I do not know his whereabouts or his intent. If you know the whereabouts of B.E.E.R, stay at a safe distance, and remain calm."

You hear some shuffling, and a grunt.

"This is likely my last report for this individual, hopefully NT will comp this medical bill."

END REPORT

Spoiler

I suppose not many can handle such a long time of solitude, even if it was with automatons...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use