Admin Complaint: MarcellusPye

Bmon

Admin Key: MarcellusPye

Your Discord name (if applicable): Bmon

Complaint: Alright so I guess this all started when I sent an emagged communication to the syndicate via a laptop with communication console access as an Agent, I had said something along the lines of "I'm willing to do more objectives if you'd pay me" or something like that as I had completed both of my tasks and was wanted. About twenty to thirty minutes later I got a voice in my head telling me to go into the darkness, I did as commanded heading into sci maints where I was turned into a shadow person, name changed to "Cluwne of darkness", and cluwned without warning. I was given three new and very vague tasks. So I wondered about sci maints where I encountered a security officer, because I was wanted due to me stealing two high value items for my tasks the officer tried to arrest me, I got into combat as a fat obese shadowperson cluwne and I kept shooting myself in the foot and getting randomly stunned due to being a cluwne. I expended all three of my adrenaline implant uses, unsurprisingly I was cuffed and brought to brig where all of my objectives that I had stolen up to that point were stripped from me. While processing I was given a sling jaunt and made a shadowling thrall, the first OOC contact between me and the admins was an asay asking why I had not jaunted out of processing, I responded saying it does not work. Eventually I was moved to perma where I was given a wizard jaunt, after a failed jaunt due to random cluwne stunning I was able to get to sec maints where I finally noticed I had be de-cluwned...

Well, I've recovered from worse before so after retrieving my stunprod and now empty bag from processing I made my way to Bridge utilizing the jaunt hoping to recover my objectives, upon entering Bridge I was faced with a Durand so I quickly jaunted out of there and to the Captains office. The door to the room opens and a normal looking clown called "The cluwne of light" comes running in with a fireaxe in hand, he ran up to me slashing me and breaking my chest so I instinctively jaunt away towards Medbay and accidentally trap myself in a window. The cluwne of light spotted me trapped and breaks down the window frame I was trapped in, I disarm him and grab his axe getting a good few slashes on him before he uses a cluwne spell he somehow got re-cluwneing me for the second time now. I jaunt away into lower Medbay now a cluwne again where I spot the wounded cluwne of light trying to enter a cryotube, jaunting over to him I attempt to disarm him again but I got a random stun and I was promptly murdered and flushed down a disposal chute.

In conclusion I believe this is prime example of how not to run an event. It got me murdered, it forced me to combat when I physically could not, It forced me into a role I did not want to play, and furthermore it ruined an antag round for me and added nothing but anger and disappointment. Also if I send a communication to the Syndicate I expect to get a response from the Syndicate, not to be cluwned for no given reason and forced into an event without my consent.

I do want to commend him for coming to be after the round was over and apologizing and trying to explain his actions and that the cluwne of light was not meant to kill me... I don't know why he would of been given a cluwneing spell and had a fireaxe if that was the case. But overall I don't feel as if that apology was enough or justified his actions.

Also uh, sorry for taking so long to make this, something you admins probably know about happened so I put this on the back burner.

Edited by Bmon

2 minutes ago, necaladun said:

Is there any actual wrongdoing here, or is this just a complaint about an event not going well? 

I mean, unless you count me sending an emagged coms to the Syndicate as consent I never really asked to be apart of that event or to be cluwned. I was a normal round start antag and my shift was ruined due to it, I simply asked for more tasks, not to be cluwned and made into a shadowperson. So a little bit of both i'd say?

Considering Marc has already repeatedly apologised of his own volition about the way the event went, and tried to explain to you why things didn't go the way he planned - I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for here. 

2 minutes ago, necaladun said:

Considering Marc has already repeatedly apologised of his own volition about the way the event went, and tried to explain to you why things didn't go the way he planned - I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for here. 

To report it and to give feedback officially, I don't want something like this to go unnoticed because I never brought it up to anyone. I don't think an admin should ever have a valid excuse to cluwne someone that did not deserve it or did not want it and do what he did there. At the end of the day you can apologize all you want but that does not make it right or fix what someone did wrong.

The whole premise of an admin complaint is to give feedback, that's what i'm doing here. Like I said, I commend him for apologizing and trying to explain his actions, but that doesn't make something right.

It seems by Marc's own admission, the event was poorly thought out. ( As he said to you - "I'll freely admit that it was poorly thought out on my part, but it wasn't suppost to be a fighting role"). While I see merit in the idea in general (Classic Manichean light vs dark, but with cluwnes, shadowling powers, etc), the execution clearly wasn't the best.  

I'm not sure what else can be expected or how Marc can "fix" this situation - it seems to have been just one round this occurred and based on your feedback and discussion with Marc, aren't seeing that it would happen again. I'm confident this won't happen again because Marc apologised four times to you - without being asked - and acknowledged his mistakes and attempted to explain why and how some of those things went wrong, despite your obvious frustrations. 

Considering the degree to which Marc apologised and learned from this, I'm unsure of how to take any action that wouldn't just feel like rubbing it in. There's really nothing much I can say to him that he doesn't realise about this already,  and he'd likely be harsher on himself than I would be. I know from personal experience that having an event go poorly is incredibly demoralizing. 

I'm convinced there was no malice in intent here, and that what caused things to go wrong was a combination of the jaunts not working properly, and the business caused by sudden burts of ahelps ("unfortunately I cannot predict the timing or severity of ahelps in advance", as Marc said to you). It's sadly the nature of ss13 and events that they won't always go as planned or hoped, and all that can be done then is to apologise to those involved and to learn from those mistakes to do better in future. This seems to be what has happened here to me. 

As there was no harm done, no wrongdoing or malice, or anything requiring administrative action, this will be marked as resolved.

11 minutes ago, necaladun said:

It seems by Marc's own admission, the event was poorly thought out. ( As he said to you - "I'll freely admit that it was poorly thought out on my part, but it wasn't suppost to be a fighting role"). While I see merit in the idea in general (Classic Manichean light vs dark, but with cluwnes, shadowling powers, etc), the execution clearly wasn't the best.  

I'm not sure what else can be expected or how Marc can "fix" this situation - it seems to have been just one round this occurred and based on your feedback and discussion with Marc, aren't seeing that it would happen again. I'm confident this won't happen again because Marc apologised four times to you - without being asked - and acknowledged his mistakes and attempted to explain why and how some of those things went wrong, despite your obvious frustrations. 

Considering the degree to which Marc apologised and learned from this, I'm unsure of how to take any action that wouldn't just feel like rubbing it in. There's really nothing much I can say to him that he doesn't realise about this already,  and he'd likely be harsher on himself than I would be. I know from personal experience that having an event go poorly is incredibly demoralizing. 

I'm convinced there was no malice in intent here, and that what caused things to go wrong was a combination of the jaunts not working properly, and the business caused by sudden burts of ahelps ("unfortunately I cannot predict the timing or severity of ahelps in advance", as Marc said to you). It's sadly the nature of ss13 and events that they won't always go as planned or hoped, and all that can be done then is to apologise to those involved and to learn from those mistakes to do better in future. This seems to be what has happened here to me. 

As there was no harm done, no wrongdoing or malice, or anything requiring administrative action, this will be marked as resolved.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think he had any intent to do wrong here. More so poor choice and bad timing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use