cna some one tell me how to be a changeling

caasi117

I have been the changeling quite a few time and i have yet to do anything as one. last time i was a changeling i tried to ask the admin to un-changeling me because i wasnt going to be any help.

i have looked online for guides but none of them tell you exactly what to do or what the controls are and every time i ask someone in game they respond with "check the wiki". can someone please just tell me how they work

I start with completely being sincere as I am not trying to be smart with you.

Here is the Wiki link (https://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Changeling)as I am not sure if you were able to find it or not from your post.

As for in game explinations, I believe a more experienced player would def. be better to explain that to ya.

The problem with explaining changelings is that they are designed with options in mind. You have a large array of tools at your disposal and your playstyle and targets determine how you use them.

For instance, if you have dissonant shriek, you can freely disable borgs, cameras, IPCs, and anything that requires a battery. This is great in situations where you may have multiple enemies coming at you, such as if your objective is on the bridge.

You also have enhanced methods of kidnapping people via mute sting. You can use this in combination with regular means or a grab tentacle to grab and deal with someone.

The main thing to be successful is to adapt and readapt as needed. All it takes is one absorption and you can reselect all of your abilities once.

All you have to do to be successful is ask what you want to do and what powers are critical to that. Select those first. From there, look at things to increase utility or that favor your general playstyle. Once you get your first kill, hold the readaption until you need to change your approach. It's your most powerful tool.

A good example would be if you had to kill a sec officer. The options open to you are anything as mundane as a stunprod with mutesting to something as extravagant as tentacles and armblades with a shriek to take his baton and taser away. Being a good changeling simply requires one to be willing and able to compile a strategy from a sum of lesser parts. You get ten points and anything on the station you can get your hands on.

Edited by IK3I
  • Like 1

I don't think there's anything anyone could tell you to be better at antag roles. You can only learn them by doing, which takes a long time because when you mess up as antag, you die, better luck next time whenever that may be. The best you can do to prepare is to learn about all the tools you have at your disposal and how you can apply them to your goals. So all you can do is read the wiki, keep trying, and hope you figure it out for yourself.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use