Extra gravity tile mechanics

Midaychi

Just a small suggestion, and open for others to add onto:

Some ways to deal with or abuse the gravity generators would be neat.

Say,

Antigrav tiles you can place instead of normal tiles, that make those turfs weightless if the gravity generator is powered.

Extra gravity tiles that you can stick in the brig, that make movement and heavy actions slower and more difficult when gravity generator powered. Maybe even certain activities impossible.

Low gravity tiles that make movement faster, and provide many other benefits to heavy equipment or item manipulation, but also can cause an increase in workplace related accidents.

Finally, maybe research can print out special tiles with enough levels.

Tiles that cause certain air-reagents to fall down to the ground and become partially inert (I know that's unrealistic. It's ss13.)

Tiles that make water and foam not slip you.

Tiles that suspend liquid and allow chemical mixtures to react on them.

Etc.

Obviously these would all deactivate if the gravity generator was off.

Maybe super high research levels could make tiles that only require apc power to create gravity fields? Maybe even make them emit an aura of gravity field that allows the other tile types to keep functioning?

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, these would be cool, but I am thinking more along the lines of being able to print these floor tiles at a certain point of research. It would be cooler to make your own tiles than it would be to have high gravity and low gravity presets.

Cool ideas. Fairly code intensive so they won't be quick to make, but could be very interesting. Personally these definitely strike me as something research should be able to produce and not something in the game to begin with.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use