Sec: Perma Issues

Vajra

On 11/3/2017 at 3:27 AM, Vajra said:

So having played sec for quite some time now, both as warden and as an officer. Id have to say perma is one of the weakest, most shoddily built areas of the station. It's a nightmare to deal with as sec, and either very easy, or very boring for prisoners to deal with. 

1. Windows - They're gonna be broken, and everyone will break them. From the kung-fu space vox traitor clown, to the greytiding human thats doing it for laughs. I can understand giving prisoners a possible escape but these things are way WAY to easy to break. Electrified or otherwise the prisoners just throw shit at em till they bust. I cant even understand the point of them RP wise, what are the prisoners gonna look at? The empty black void of space!? The lax way most perma prisoners do it is what really gets to me to, ill check cams after locking a fella up and almost immediately afterwards he'll bust the cameras and start on the windows. These things either need to be stronger or just full on metal. 
  2. Solitary Confinement - So a prisoner trys to break a window? No big deal right? Just throw em into solitary confinement. Ok but now we have two vox prisoners and a human. There's only ONE solitary confinement area, and at most you can throw another bed in there and hope the prisoners dont eat each other out of claustrophobic panic. This thing either needs to be bigger, or there needs to be more of em. 
  3. APC for IPC's - This is the one that irks me the most. Perma an IPC? Well they're gonna starve if you dont come to feed em. And dont even try to bring em to the perma APC thats right outside the cells, they sure do love fucking the perma power over when they do that. IPC's need some way to feed themselves IN perma, without being given the ability to just blast open the doors through sheer hunger or robo fuckery. 
  4. Chemical Implants - These things arent broken so much as they are typically useless. If the warden even bothers putting a chemical in them, they either wont know what to use or are just ineffective depending on the prisoners species. Id suggest making them some sort of implanted shocker/stunner that can be activated from the prisoner computer or a device that comes with them. Basically shock collars. Or at the very least have them come pre-filled with some kind of chemical that can at least down an organic for a small while. 

Once again, I know perma is meant to give prisoners some chance of escape, but when it gets to point in a round where shits hit the fan, you can barely focus on whats going on all at once, and the prisoners can either just destroy or die from lack of food in the hellhouse that is perma, it almost becomes easier to just permanently lock them in the standard cells in the sec lobby area. Hell im not even sure if thats against the SOP, should I just keep perma folk in the front cells so they can actually be interacted with more? 

Once again, I know perma is meant to give prisoners some chance of escape, but when it gets to point in a round where shits hit the fan, you can barely focus on whats going on all at once, and the prisoners can either just destroy or die from lack of food in the hellhouse that is perma, it almost becomes easier to just permanently lock them in the standard cells in the sec lobby area. Hell im not even sure if thats against the SOP, should I just keep perma folk in the front cells so they can actually be interacted with more? 

---

W0w your a genius, you actually know what it's like! Prepare for your boink Mr.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use