Using walk to fight fastmos.

Nayser

On 10/29/2017 at 11:20 AM, Nayser said:

Climbing to a table would be impossible with even slightest space wind. Unless some one pushes you at it.

Or build one below yourself? I'm not sure if code-wise you are standing on a table after you build it below yourself, but even if not, you can help others by throwing them on the nearest table. Then they can help you up or something. I think it would be a fantastic idea to cling onto tables, I can wrap my head around it more than grabbing onto a wall.

I would say no to the maggloves. This topic tries to fix the stun issue without technology items - maggloves would not be a solution, since it would have to be researched, printed, and then we are at R&D again.

There is one more idea. Using crowbar to grapple onto walls. You click on the wall and as long as you're around that wall, you're fine, then you click on another wall to move on and so on.

One mistake - crowbar flies away, you're doomed.

On 10/28/2017 at 8:27 AM, Nayser said:

If we are going to have realistic atmos why don't we have realistic ways to fight it?

My dude, remember that this is 2d spritemens in space. If we really want realism, I expect a tiny hole in front of the bridge to obliterate that entire section of the station. Everything that isn't nailed to the ground should be sucked out into the vacuum of space. 

I don't believe walking, or "simulated" holding onto something would suffice over an actual grab function made for walls, tables, or anything the like. It's only a matter of paying attention when avoiding fastimos ridden areas.

Edit: *vacuum over vacume 

Edited by DocSocrates

47 minutes ago, DocSocrates said:

My dude, remember that this is 2d spritemens in space. If we really want realism, I expect a tiny hole in front of the bridge to obliterate that entire section of the station. Everything that isn't nailed to the ground should be sucked out into the vacuum of space. 

I don't believe walking, or "simulated" holding onto something would suffice over an actual grab function made for walls, tables, or anything the like. It's only a matter of paying attention when avoiding fastimos ridden areas.

Edit: *vacuum over vacume 

When i said realistic you took it way too far, i guess i could've phrased it better. I meant if we are going to have /more/ realistic atmos. I for one don't care about realism a lot in games.

3 minutes ago, Nayser said:

When i said realistic you took it way too far, i guess i could've phrased it better. I meant if we are going to have /more/ realistic atmos. I for one don't care about realism a lot in games.

I feel you. I didn't read the entire thread, and so I may have overstated my feelings. Still, I don't believe simply walking could work. There should be an actual holding function for hanging on.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use