I've put this off for too long

HereticChurch

Hey everyone. I'm HereticChurch, if you didn't already read my username. I've been putting off this introduction because I couldn't really think of anything to put in it, but after reading a few (All of them) I feel I might have an idea what to put.

Anyway, yeah, I'm HereticChurch, and thats what I usually go by online, though most of the time people call me Church, Churchy, or Heretic. Its just a happy coincidence the name is a bit of an oxymoron, as I just was putting Heretic before a character from a show I like's name, Church. I live in Ontario, Canada, in a pretty small town, and am 19 years old.

I first got into Space Station 13 after my friends told me about it after a session of D&D. I just sorta peeked over his shoulder and asked what he was playing, and he explained to me all he knew, with a story of a cannibalistic chef stealing corpses from the morgue being apprehended by him and a security cyborg particularly piquing my interest. I got my other friend to send me a link to the Byond downloader, and soon after, I was crying silently as I tried to learn the controls without anyone helping. This was all about 8 or 9 months ago, give or take a few more months because I'm terrible at telling time.

The first few times I played, I was just spawning in as a mouse, to get a feel for the movement, and finding my way around the place with the vents. Soon after, I felt I was ready to actually take on a job, and became a security Cyborg. I got a feel for space law, took advantage of my inability to be knocked down, and saved a few people on a few different stations. Eventually I created a real character, Gloria Church, and she's been my main character ever since. Her first job was being a roboticist, which I really enjoyed. From there, she branched out into almost every position (Except Atmos Tech and Virologist, that shit looks complicated), and eventually, I made her settle on being mostly security. I have a few other characters I use (Kia Avandeyev, Katherine DeVries, Kazak Rezzaka), but they aren't as developed as her.

I came to Paradise Station because it advertised being a good mix of action and RP, which is what I loved. I stayed for a while, then explored some of the other stations which were, at the time, more popular. I'd always find myself coming back here, though, because it's the best freaking server, ever. Plus, I'm familiar with quite a few of the people and admins. I still like to try out other stations from time to time, like a sandbox or goon station, but I pretty much consider Paradise my main station. I like to think of myself as rather well-versed in a lot of the mechanics in this game, but that could just be my ego...

So yeah, I think I said all I needed to say for a proper introduction. I hope this is sufficient... Feel free to comment or ask questions here, I guess.

Playing an atmos tech looks rather complex but is really quite simple. I'm just about to post the first part of an atmos guide too. What questions do you have about atmos?

Playing an atmos tech looks rather complex but is really quite simple. I'm just about to post the first part of an atmos guide too. What questions do you have about atmos?

I haven't ever really tried it, to be honest, so I don't know what to ask. Perhaps I'll get into it after reading the guide. It might be fun... if it really is as simple as you put it.

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest, I've been called Churchy a few times, but you were definitely the first, Tigercat. I liked it, so when people are having difficulties saying HereticChurch or typing it, I just tell them to call me Churchy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use