Contractor

Zail

A possible new class for people who like to just fix things around the ship or do basic construction. The name could be anything but I know that there are people out there like me who love construction but don't like being stuck to a station engineer who has to work on things that they may be unskilled with.

This certainly is an interesting idea, but, in my opinion, I just don't think it would work given most situations. As it is, most people will just call for engineering in general to come fix any of their issues. To have this work well, and not just be a novelty job, I'd imagine engineers would have to be revamped and have their basic construction supplies taken away. Essentially a new sub-department would be created with the goal being construction around the ship. It's an interesting idea for a job, but I think it would take some tweaking for anyone to care about it.

And to having to work on things one may be unskilled with, all I have to say is practice makes perfect. Can't be good at it until you have to do it a few times :)

What if we made a new subtitle for engineer called "Construction worker"?

I think that would be about what would have to happen for that to work. Just a new title for an engineer really, just people can try to focus their roles a bit more. Regardless there would probably be overlap on everything they do though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use