Revising Examination of Corpses

Smudgyglasses

The deceased status messages seen when examining corpses should be overhauled to be similar to /tg/'s.

For example, on tg you receive one of two messages:

1. Something like "They have ceased to live...", this message in particular meaning they have died, but the player still has the client up either as the corpse or ghosted.

2. Something like "They have ceased to live...their soul has departed..." Meaning they have died and the player has LOGGED OUT.

This is extremely helpful to geneticists as they can now prioritize who they attempt to clone, however, it's not as simple on paradise.

You get one of two messages:

1. "They have no pulse..." The player has died but they have not ghosted and can be cloned inmediately.

2. "They have no pulse, and their soul has departed..." Unlike the second message /tg/ stations show you, this does not necessarily mean they have closed out of their client! It only means they've GHOSTED!

This is hell for anyone trying to clone a corpse, especially mass amounts of corpses, as you don't know who can be cloned and who can't. If you're overhauling the death/cloning system PLEASE change the status messages that corpses get!

The easy way to do it is only give each person 15-20 seconds in the clone tube, if they really want back, they'll make sure to jam 're-enter corpse' in time, otherwise fuck em. You're doing your part of the job, they should be doing their part if they want to live again.

Yea but when I'm cloning piles of corpses my goal is to clone as many as possible, to do this I have to act fast as people often assume I'll be incompetent (rightfully so, most geneticists are dickheads) and will close client or just not pay attention to re-enter corpse when I need them to. It'd just be a real nice feature for anyone working the cloning pods to be able to tell who can be cloned and who definitely can't be.

Like, if I know someone's in a body RIGHT NOW, I know I can clone them on the first go. If I know someone's ghosted, but still in their client, I know it'll just take a few tries. If I know someone's closed out completely, I know I can simply morgue them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use