Give Medical borgs a Synth flesh applicator

Varlun

There's a few things I need to clarify, first. I am suggesting this as a replacement to the individual burn/trauma kits. The reason I pick synth flesh is because (I'm pretty sure) it heals both burn and brute. I've never used synth flesh myself, so my knowledge is limited. However, from what I have seen, synth flesh seems to completely heal people. I'm not even certain if it's a patch, like the trauma kits, or if it's a chemical. Because if it was a patch that would imply that each damaged body parts needs to be targeted, but it seems like the doctor just slaps on some synth flesh and boom, perfect health. If this is indeed how synth flesh works, then clearly that would be pretty overpowered to have that on a borg. Especially if you make it able to recharge over time, as I have made another thread about.

So there's two options here: Either you can change the way synthflesh works specifically for the medical borg, in order to balance it having it. Or you give it some alternative which is less powerful than synth flesh, but still more powerful than the burn and trauma kits. Really, the critical thing I want here is to have a single module that can heal burn and brute, rather than having to switch between the burn and trauma kits.

I am primarily for the first option. My idea of balancing synth flesh is basically to make it work like the burn and trauma kits already do. First, make it so you have to target the specific body parts, rather than having it heal the entire body at once which it seems to do.

Second, as for the STRENGTH of it. I do not think that a single application of this should fully heal that body part. I assume this happens with the synth flesh doctors use, because they probably make the unit count really high. Again, not super familiar with this stuff, not even sure if it's a chemical or not or if it even HAS units attributed to it. But regardless, the strength of it should be the same as the burn/trauma kits. Let's say the burn and trauma kits heal for, idk, 50 damage. I don't think it's that high but whatever. So the synth flesh would attempt to equally heal 25 burn and 25 brute damage. If one damage type can't be healed for that amount, the remainder would apply to the other type.

Third. With the burn/trauma kits, you are only able to use it on any given body part ONCE. After that it tells you their wounds have already been tended to or whatever. I don't know if this already applies to synth flesh, but as far as the cyborg using it is concerned, this should be a limitation.

As for the second option: Perhaps it would be simpler (and less confusing to people who actually use synth flesh) to just create a new kit specifically for the cyborg, which functions exactly as I've described above.

BASICALLY what I'm getting at here is I want something that is like the burn and trauma kits, except with a single module.

Synthflesh is a chem, in a patch form. Chems can be in either a pill, path, or raw in their "liquid" form in beakers/spraybottles/etc. Synthflesh in a spraybottle actually works, iirc.

Using a patch on someone applies X% of the chem to them (can't remember the %), and some chems do different things if applied via patch than via pill. A syringe/pill of synthflesh actually does toxin damage, again, iirc. How much it heals depends on the unit count in the patch - On touch, heals 1.5 times the applied volume in brute and burn damage. Where it's applied to doesn't really matter.

Changing the way synthflesh works just for medborgs is a bad idea, snowflake codewise. It'd be better to create something else to do that, rather than making a chem act differently in 1 very niche case.

I've never really liked the way trauma kits work in general, whether for medborgs or anyone else, and I think they could do with an overhaul.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use