Make the Medical borg burn/trauma kits "infinite" (And Nanite paste too)

Varlun

Medical borgs only get one of each of these items- burn kit, trauma kit, nanite paste- which has the same number of uses as the normal items. Meaning they run out very quickly. They have to be recharged at the charging station. I think it's like 5 uses on the kits. I feel like I need to be so conservative with the kits, that I literally only use them in order to heal someone enough so they can be defibbed. A paramedic or a doctor, on the other hand, has the option of stuffing SEVERAL of these kits in their backpack. As far as the nanite paste, I LITERALLY CAN'T EVEN HEAL EVERY BODY PART on an IPC before the charges run out. It's unbelievably frustrating. If I have to heal an IPC, I will drag them to the charging station. I'll heal what I can, pop in the charging station, restore the paste, pop out, heal more, rinse and repeat. I don't know how many charges the paste has. MAYBE 10? Let's count the body parts: Head, torso, pelvis, arms, legs, hands, feet. That's 11 parts. And please don't forget that often, if certain parts are damaged enough, they need to receive more than just one dose of paste. So needless to say it's pretty goddamn annoying.

Now, I'm not saying it should just have infinite uses. Not quite that simple. I'm saying it should work more like the chemicals in the hypospray do. You use them, and they recharge over time. It's not super fast, it's not super slow. But at least you don't have to visit the charge station constantly. I don't know if the hypospray consumes battery when it's synthesizing chemicals, but if you really felt like you needed to balance this, just make it consume some battery charge as it's replacing charges. So that if you do a whole lot real quick, sure you would need to go top off your energy, but at least you would be able to fully heal a patient or two before having to recharge. CAN'T EVEN HEAL A SINGLE IPC!

And as a last-ditch suggestion, if for some reason people don't feel like this would be balanced (and let me just say- it fucking is), then at the very least could you please, PLEASE increase the charges these things have.

Anyway, as for balance: This is absolutely balanced. As I mentioned, human doctors can stuff SEVERAL kits in their backpack. Human doctors have access to every chemical that exists. Stuff like Synthflesh which is just amazing. You know what, fuck the burn and trauma kits. Give the medical borgs a synth flesh applicator instead. And make that recharge. I'll probably make a separate thread for this.

Also, random suggestion: It would be nice if there was some kinda notification to let us know when our stuff was fully charged. This includes the hypospray (each specific chemical), the kits, and nanite paste. Because as it stands, when you're sitting in the charging station to restock your kits/paste, you don't know how long you have to wait. There's no indicator at all, no way to find out. And for the hypospray, it recharges outside the charging station, but still, each chemical only charges while you actually have that chemical chosen with the hypospray. So an indicator would be nice so I know when to switch to a different chemical so I can start charging that one. For that matter, it would also be nice if all 4 charged without needing to be selected. Not necessarily at the same time. It would start with the one you have selected then move on to others, starting with the most depleted. I'll probably make a separate thread for this.

Edited by Varlun

I haven't tested this, but as Advanced Burn/Truama kits are actually stacks of single items rather than kits with charges, you might be able to click on a new trauma kit with one in hand to transfer the stacks to the one you are holding.  I know when I played maintenance drones I could pick up things that way provided I had a stack in hand to add them to, like with metal or cable coil. 

But I really don't think it's a huge deal, even as a human doctor 90% of the time I'm in the Medbay I'm shoving someone into Cryo or a sleeper anyway.  I only rarely have to restock the 2 burn/brute advance kits I spawn with. 

Patches and Synflesh are for 'in the field' healing, quick stabilization, or getting burn/brute below 150 for SR, mostly. 

Edited by EvadableMoxie

For one thing, the kits are typically stashed inside other kits. I pretty much never see any laying around that I can do that with. For another thing, that doesn't really solve the problem. In the field, I ultimately only have access to the one kit. For ANOTHER thing, that still wouldn't solve the problem with the nanite paste.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use