Vinelings - Possible gamemode/species

ktoma36

I was playing on the server early in the morning when a random event spawned some space vines. Curious as to what they did I stuck around a bit and got snared by one. After about five minutes lying there nothing had happened- no damage, no thicker vines wrapping around me, nothing. It was laying there that I had the idea of the vines being able to sow seeds into a living organism, whom over time would turn into a vineling.

A vineling would be basically slender creature composed of vines interlocked with each other that all link up to a central core. This core would behave like a slime's core in that it would control all the functions of the body. In order to survive a vineling would need to be in a pressurized environment with a healthy amount of C02 in it. They would 'breath' out 02 into their environment but it would not be toxic to them. Light would not affect them too much as vines can grow in darkness. They would need to consume water on a daily basis though. Things that would affect plants would affect them also- Easy nutrition would greatly fill a vineling's hunger; Robust harvest would give a decent amount of healing; Plant be gone would kill them quickly.

I'm going to put down few odd ball ideas I have kicking around my head for racial abilities.

(While on Vines) Player gains increased healing and speed, and the ability to communicate with any other vinelings touching the same vine cluster.

(While off Vines) Player has reduced natural healing and normal speed and is unable to communicate over vines

(Random Thoughts) This could be something like xenobiology's shadow people for botany or something of a diplomatic thing for a while. If this were to be a gamemode perhaps give the vine a sort of AI like entity that commands its vinelings.

(Differences between Vinelings and Dionna) Unlike Dionna, a Vineling would be one organism, not a collection of many small organisms. A Vineling would also require a pressurized atmosphere as apposed to the space proof Dionna. Vinelings would not heal in light as Dionnas do. Vinelings would not be lumbering trees like Dionna are.

This is just an idea I had but I was talking with some of the mentors and admins about it during the round. It would make for a fresh gameplay experience and possibly be a new karma race/job. It would also make space vines scary again with the threat of becoming one of them. I would love suggestions and peoples thoughts on this!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use