Psychologist Role

Jovaniph

I was debating on whether or not this should be added to the general discussion, but it seems more suited here.

My question is why do we even have this role? I can make the same argument with barber (or other roles in the list as well), but this role in particular strikes me as being the most useless role in the game. There seems to be no benefit other than someone who has access to medical and medical records. Then you have those who will say "Ohh its for RP and we are like...an MRP server and stuff", but then you have roles like the Chaplain (an excuse to valid hunt and null rods and shit). Explain that argument and do a comparison with the Psychologist. What are your thoughts?

I don't think Psychologist should be removed, it has potential to be fun, but at the moment, it rarely has the ability to be. It's always going to be a RP heavy role, but it could be afforded more opportunities to RP the role.

Psychologist probably shouldn't be based out of the Medbay, you'd rarely be interacting with injured patients most of the time, i'm of the opinion that Psychologist would be better suited being near to Security, and more a colleague to the Brig Physician. With the role's primary purpose to interact with the criminally insane, assess their danger to the station, and perhaps try to rehabilitate in some cases.

I do agree the psychologist's office should probably been in a more public place so people can just wander in and talk. As it is now they have to get through the front doors of medbay then walk off to a corner in medbay to reach the office.

Gonna echo the idea that the Psych needs to not be hidden off in the darkest corner of medbay like the CMO's step-headed red child. Even if they were just in the exam room or something, with some nice welcoming windows to wave at potential patients through. (With privacy shutters ofc.)

...in fact, that's not a bad idea on it's own. Open up the exam room a bit so people can see it's actually there and it might get used more often.

Some of the parts of the medbay feel criminally underused, while psychologist, having a potential that it has, could be utilized more.

Maybe make him more helpful in healing addictions? It's kinda funny how easy it is to heal addictions these days, and that way you can give the role SOMETHING to do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use