Dissatisfied crewmember gamemode

Kite

The idea is a gamemode where there is one or more dissatisfied crewmember(s). These will get the message that they are fed up with the working culture and get an often strange goal (ie. 'Build a doomsday device and hold the station hostage untill they give in to your demand for better working enviroment.').

These roles will be played from slightly disfunctional personality perspectives and this gamemode will make the psychiatrist's work more important on the station (ie. he can talk to the crewmember in an effort to back him down). Depending on the demands/options/severety of the situation anything could happen from the dissatisfied crewmember getting what he wants to having to 'dispose' of said crewmember due to the insane demands ('I was always supposed to be captain!'). The subject can also be given the idea he gets what he wants, overruled by the psychiatrist and the station putting up a play around the crewmember.

tl;dr:

New gamemode where a dissatisfied crewmember does weird things (like taking the station hostage) to get attention. Seems like work for the psychiatrist!

Could be very well mixed with traitor and ling's.

You mean RP-Rev, that turns out to be real RP once?

No, their goal is not to kill people off like the revolutionairies do (the heads), they just want to better their working condition to some unproportional amount (ie. a scientist demanding to be replacing the fully functional RD or the captain) trough disproportional means (ie. holding the entire station hostage, or a group of people, or technology or the AI on an intelligence card).

Sounds decent. Some things may require admin help as they might be too dificult to detect by mere scripting so I doubt something more complex will be implemented considering the nature of the game and its code...

Then again we have sort of similarish game modes.

Sounds decent. Some things may require admin help as they might be too dificult to detect by mere scripting so I doubt something more complex will be implemented considering the nature of the game and its code...

Then again we have sort of similarish game modes.

The idea is to make the psychiatrist more important (and fun) along with the option for psychological problems to have more of an effect on the station. These crewmembers don't want to hurt or blackmail anyone, but they see no other way to achieve their goals. They could also play a game of charisma, but never the power a rev-leader or a cult has of converting people.

Some of the goals of the crewmember may be rp-goals such as the space-ninja has them (Admin decides whether they are completed or not).

I said RP-Rev, that is another gamemode, and not regular rev. In RP-Rev you can convert the Heads of Staff.

Do you have a link to an explanation to that one?

But this whole gamemode is not about converting people, it is about bettering your standing trough immoral and psychologically screwed ways. (By the way, the whole crew will probably hate you afterwards so holding your position might also be a stretch goal).

Sounds fun but is not comparable to the dissatisfied crewmember gamemode.

RP Rev sounds better to me, dissatisfied crew member would probably be wicked to code. While rp rev is similar but more simple.

Sounds fun but is not comparable to the dissatisfied crewmember gamemode.

RP Rev sounds better to me, dissatisfied crew member would probably be wicked to code. While rp rev is similar but more simple.

Thank you, that was my point.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use